Web Gui access rights problem?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: Web Gui access rights problem?

Oops...

I'm out of ideas other than reinstalling. If you don't want to reinstall Debian, then:

apt-get remove --purge openmediavault
      apt-get clean
      apt-get install openmediavault
      omv 5.0.10 usul | 64 bit | 5.0 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.1
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

If someone ever gets into your system, it would.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.

Maybe with low priority. Samba is running as standard Linux process. So not linked to OMV. Maybe it is easier to find why my standard myuser stopped having access to shares (windows enter credentials for shares). Only after I add myuser to root group myuser can access shares again. And thinking back. It could well be that my rsync job did write. Not really files but it may have updated ownerships and access rights. This would mean some of the Linux system files changed owneship/access right. How can I find out what is the right settings for debian files? Saying that reinstalling OMV wouldn't help if it is really a messed up debian.

You could do the following (change appropriate parts and repeat if more than one shared folder - test on one first):

Source Code

1. chmod -R 666 /media/uuid/sambasharedfolder
      2. chown root:users /media/uuid/sambasharedfolder
      3. chown -R myuser:users /media/uuid/sambasharedfolder/*
      4. omv-mkconf samba
      5. service samba restart