OMV on Zyxel NSA320 ?

• i have all these files, i made it as described in "How to generate related files from binary ras.bin".

Now i can also connect to tftp server . .ok, going on and seeing if it works or not

great, Stock Firmware is running now ;)
    Next step debian

• Ok, first of all i found out firmware 4.5 still not working to install debian. It stops after kernel booting.
    So i made downgrade to OFW 4.4 . . with this i could install, but still not completely automatically.
    here are the steps and results

• 1. stop when installing debin with USB files first time

• unplugged power supply and plugged in again, booting and result was:

Code
    rootfs: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
            (i.e., without -a or -p options)
    fsck died with exit status 4
    failed (code 4).
    [....] An automatic file system check (fsck) of the root filesystem failed. A manual fsck must be performed, then the system restarted. The fsck should be perfo[FAILin maintenance mode with the root filesystem mounted in read-only mode. ... failed!
    [....] The root filesystem is currently mounted in read-only mode. A maintenance shell will now be started. After performing system maintenance, press CONTROL-D[warnerminate the maintenance shell and restart the system. ... (warning).

Starting fcsk

Pressing Control-D and box rebooted and debian is starting, login for debian at the end

Code
    root@debian:~# exit
    [FAIL] Attempt to start maintenance shell failed. Will restart in 5 seconds. ... failed!

now i will leave for my own maintance ;) . . . OMV has to wait a bit before i will continue.
    but remember last OMV installation i could not find any drives to set up shared folders and ftp access

• ok, coming back again to this issue. the last sh.2 sript above and that before are not working. it always stops after booting linux kernel.
    if you need i could let you have log.

the only script which works, but making ext4 partitions and therefore not usable for OMV is that one you have uploaded with the complete packaging.

Can this script inside modified that it can make the partitions as needed?

• well, tried and still stops after starting kernel

• when it writes the inode tables (two times, first 79 and after the 14826) it works and i can install OMV. Also found tab to mount the data drive in OMV.
    So it works with older file, but need to do the manual steps with serial as i mentioned before.

• but i have another bigger problem with my network card. as long as i start server with connected serial cable it also set up network:</p>

But without serial, network does not work, light not on and nothing working:

Code
    [13.819883] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
    Listening on LPF/eth0/00:19:cb:00:51:81
    Sending LPF/eth0/00:19:cb:00:51:81
    Sending Socket/fallback
    DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 7
    DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 12
    DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 7

any idea?

• hmm, the firmware has its own partition at dev/sda1 when it is running...
    Added checks to avoid formatting the damn firmware partition, and to avoid formatting the USB key.
    download this and paste in the USB drive https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq6e…bx/usb_key_func.sh.2?dl=0
    then try to reinstall.

For the networking issue, can you try removing old configs and see if it gets an IP without serial.

Zitat

rm /var/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-eth0.info
    rm /var/lib/dhcp/leases/*
    touch /var/lib/dhcp/leases/dhclient.leases

• error-log on usb stick: too much drives detected! Aborting install!

• For the networking issue, can you try removing old configs and see if it gets an IP without serial.

Zitat

have tried it, first command first time may working. but the 2 others are not working:

Code
    rm: cannot remove `/var/lib/dhcp/leases/*': No such file or directory
    root@debian:~# touch /var/lib/dhcp/leases/dhclient.leases
    touch: cannot touch `/var/lib/dhcp/leases/dhclient.leases': No such file or directory
    root@debian:~#
  • The positive side is that we finally got the culprit of all the mess above.
    Once I manage to convince the firmware to work with the sata hard drive so we can install Debian reliably, I can go and troubleshoot all other issues quickly (the ethernet, the OMV install and so on) on my own NAS and then update the install package.

Changed the script to look for sata hard drives from their ID and read up what kind of name the firmware is giving them, more complex than just assuming that if it is not sdb then it must be sdc.

Please paste this in the USB flash drive, and post logs of it when installing. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq6e…bx/usb_key_func.sh.2?dl=0

Crossing fingers....

• ok, also crossing fingers and will try it again. Don´t be , will go on and test again and again until the system is working well and all issues solved. But may not be able to check before this saturday. Once i did it i will post the logs

In meantime i also checked a little bit the web .. thought it may has something to do with network manager. Could remove and check it . . but if we fix install issue i believe in it that we also solve the others

to be continued in next days . . .

maybe fingers not crossed enough . . here is log .. installation not working

here is the setup log from stock firmware . . maybe it could help or be interested for any other adjustments and changes

continue . . .

ohhhhh wait a moment .. seems we had solution already here. this sript usually is working, and data partition can be mounted in openmediavault after installation.

BUT when installing Debian is ready, device is rebooting. and today i found out that if the USB stick still in device the errors happens.
    I took out the USB stick at time device booted and marvel sreen was to see. AND IT WORKS!!!!!
    No errors, Debian is there are after reboot and finish at login screen.

But because sript says rebooting, can it be modified that it will shutoff after installation so that the USB stick can be taken before device will be manually started?
    I tried with shutdown at the end of sript . . but does not work.

edit: moified above sript and add some lines on the end. system will shut off after installing. maybe it is not correct code . . but for me working.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uk8j…tl/usb_key_func.sh.2?dl=0

Now setup is solved . .but after device shut down and manually restarted it will not find any ip address.
    But this is next step we should go

tested a little bit more, also checked agin for your hint for network

For the networking issue, can you try removing old configs and see if it gets an IP without serial.

The files are in /var/lib/dhcp/
    Here i used above commands and when i use "shutdown -r now" system reboots and i can access some seconds later with ssh
    But if i shutdown the device with "shudown -h now" ethernet hardware is switched off and will not goes on when device is switched off

• how about this one i found in the web? he call it Follow-up for power_resume
    BUt it is in ARCH Linux. maybe sript can be used / writte for NSA320. Seems this is the problem i have why the device is not starting network after shutdown

http://mud-slide.blogspot.de/2…n-zyxel-nsa-320-part.html

Alread tried some things, set NETDOWN=O, woL, used some commands i found on web . . but nothing is really working, also not really easy for me as i do not have much ideas about sripts and programming in linux

• It is kinda installing, but not completely.
    Still using old partitions from the install that ran some time ago.
    I opened up their dumb firmware file with the procedure you linked above (all the DATA_something are readable from a linux system, that's interesting. Might have found a way to multiboot my NAS into Zyxel firmware again lol, will try later).
    Altered again the install script so now I'm using the same programs that they are using in the firmware to get the Sata disk.

I made a new installer with Debian and OMV already installed. Also made it more modular so I can use it to support also NSA 325/325v2 and other Zyxel NAS by just changing the boot module later.

Instructions are a bit different now, also check the README again.
    Extract the contents of this archive in an empty USB drive.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wd5…20-openmediavault.7z?dl=0
    After you extract it there is a 700+ MB file, it is large because it is not compressed. It should be easier to handle for the NAS, all decompression was done by your PC's processor.

Zitat

how about this one i found in the web? he call it Follow-up for power_resume

Thanks for checking, looking at his post and then looking around... that ethernet issue is indeed a hardware switch.
    These things have GPIO pins (general purpose input output, used to talk with dumb chips/switches on the board). It seems Zyxel engineers connected that to a hardware switch activating the ethernet controller.
    So it needs a script to re-enable the ethernet hardware by sending signals down a GPIO pin when it powers on to make sure that the ethernet is physically switched on.

In my NSA325V2 it's connected to a hardware watchdog (i.e. if the watchdog does not receive a signal every X seconds the Nas reboots), which was fun some year ago to hunt down and disable for good.

Anyway, this message is for the debian procedure (t seems to also add the ability to Wake on Lan) http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,12096,13404#msg-13404
    I added it to the debian system startup (with a check to run only on a NSA320).
    I'm wondering why this was not included in bodhi's rootfs I'm using as a base, probably he fixed it in his custom bootloader, but we are using the normal bootloader.

• sript not working for installation. does not like the command in line 39

without command fi . . . result as following:

• it´s okay for me to test it until it works . .. may helps other people to run also OMV.
    the change was not the final solution, logs:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!