2x RAID status "clean, degraded" for one RAID volume

• Hello,

I am using openmediavault since over one year. Now I lost the connection to the server while uploading some files.

I rebooted it and now one of my RAID1 system is unmounted and it is mentioned as "clean, degraded" (but 2x instead of 1x). Both harddrives are visible in the GUI and seems to be ok. (smart values are ok and they are both visible in the GUI) I thought "degraded" status is related to a failed disk. How can I find out which disk failed? When I press the recover button for both degraded RAID volumes I got no option but I guess I wouldnt get it until I put no new disk in the server. Also mounting the filesystem to the system is not possible and I get the error, that a mounting point already exists.

I dont want to lose data and I hope you can help me and tell me what I should do next. :)

• Post the output of the following commands:

Code
    cat /proc/mdstat
    blkid
    df -h
    cat /etc/fstab

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Of course, you can run these commands via the cronjob section in the gui via a testrun.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Does it help? I created for all of your commands one test job and run each command alone.

EDIT: sdb/sde sind jeweils 4TB Platten und sdc/sdd sind jeweils 2,5TB Platten.

• You forgot blkid ;)

Greetings
    David

• All your drives seems to be available. I guess something caused a kernel error (probably a filesystem problem, will check that below) and after the reboot your OpenMediaVault now thinks that each RAID1 member is a unique RAID and missing its mirror. I'm not that experienced with mdadm, but aaron can probably guide you how to put those two raids back into one.

To find out the root cause:

Code
    cat /var/log/kern.log
    cat /var/log/kern.log.1
    cat /var/log/syslog
    cat /var/log/syslog.1

Greetings
    David

• Part1

Because these are too many signs, there are only the logs from the day the problem appears.

Thank you for your first help. :)

• Part2

• Part3

• Part 4

• Those logs are 5 days old, does that mean the error occured on the 9th?

Greetings
    David

• Within these logs, I can't see any error. Let aaron take a look at this.

Greetings
    David

• After checking both drives I found out that both of them still working fine. The latest files I copied before the "crash" were missing on one drive. Therefore I clean this drive and started to recover the RAID volume. Thank you again for your support. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!