iTunes/DAAP music playback stops after a few minutes

• I just setup OMV on an Iomega Home Network Drive. Using version 0.4.38 (Fedaykin) as it's running an ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l).
    I installed the iTunes/DAAP plugin via the OMV Gui (openmediavault-forkeddaapd 0.4.3).
    It works just fine for about 3 minutes or so and then the music just stops. I tried with two different MacBook Pros (one 1 year and the other 5 month old).

Looking at the log (/var/log/forked-daapd.log) I see the following entries:

Code
    [2014-04-21 20:30:54]    httpd: Connection failed; stopping streaming of file ID 2105
    [2014-04-21 20:30:54]    httpd: Connection failed; stopping streaming of file ID 2105
    [2014-04-21 20:30:54]    httpd: Invalid end offset, will stream to end of file (bytes=114072-)
    [2014-04-21 20:30:54]    httpd: End offset < start offset, will stream to end of file (0 < 114072)
    [2014-04-21 20:35:12]    httpd: Connection failed; stopping streaming of file ID 2105

I'm sitting right underneath my N router and is working just fine for anything else.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is due to iTunes 11 and the forked-daapd package in debian being so old. We have newer versions in the omv-extras repo but only for amd64. The code with patches applied is here. I will have to see if I can compile it in the next few days on my RPi.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I need to setup my RPi again and haven't had the chance. Maybe soon.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I understand that there's more interesting things to do than compile for an old device ;-).
    What are my chances of compiling this myself directly on that Iomega Home Network Drive, given I have very little Linux knowledge? Are there instructions I could follow somewhere, that could give me an idea what kind of toolset to install and how to approach it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, forgot all about it. Compiling on an RPi is not fun though :) Read this.

• Hmm...looking at this shows me just how little I know about the linux compile process. Looks like a quite good option to brick my device ;)

I'm thinking on holding off with the hopes, that you perhaps have a bit of quality time with your RPi?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have my RPi up and running again. I will try compiling. Is your Iomega device running Debian Squeeze or Wheezy? If it is squeeze, the package I make won't work unless I install Squeeze on my RPi.

• Looks like it's Squeeze:

# lsb_release -a
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Debian
    Description: Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.9 (squeeze)
    Release: 6.0.9
    Codename: squeeze

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess it doesn't matter which version because I can't get it to compile on my RPi :( I've installed every dependency I can find but still won't compile.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Couldn't you use something other than daap?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably but there are other daap players that don't have the playback problem.

• This issue is something that plagued me for a while. It's an iTunes issue, but can be fixed from the server side.

Check this out: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49928

The version there by ejurgensen completely fixes the iTunes issue as well as adding a host of other features - including the ability to not scan on each boot which is useful for me because I shut my NAS down and have 400GB of music. I would very much like to see this as the replacement plugin for Kralizec moving forward, as it's clearly the future of the DAAP service for Linux.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you using an amd64 system? If so, could you test this package for me? It is built on Debian wheezy/omv 0.6. I don't use iTunes though. If it works, I have no problem including it in the omv-extras repo.

• Yes I am using a 64-bit system.... finally ;) The other half got fed up with my bitching about i386 libraries and bought me a HP N54L as a happy NAS day present a few months back.

Anyway.. you have hit the nail on the head with that package... have been running it for 15 mins and it hasn't cut out.

I started this album from the begining... it should have cut out half way through Tokyo..

..but it soldiered on ;)

I noticed the don't scan at startup config is in the conf - good stuff :D Exactly what Kralizec needs. THANK YOU :mrgreen:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good to hear :) Keep me updated on how it is working. If it doesn't have any problems, I will put it in the repo.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!