[RESOLVED] SSH - Connection Refused

• Hi,

I have just installed OMV 0.5 onto a brand new NAS.

Logging into the OMV GUI from my laptop, I have enabled SSH in General settings and saved the settings.

Using Putty on my laptop (running Windows7), I try and connect to the NAS but get the error window "Network error - Connection refused"

I am able to ping the NAS from laptop and viceversa. Laptop is wireless to Netgear router and NAS is plugged in via cable to router.

Any ideas as to how I can fix?

thanks

• What user do you try to login with?
    If you want to connect with root, you have to set the mark at "permit root login" and use the root password you entered at the installation of OMV (NOT the webUI password)
    If you want to connect with a user, which you created within the OMV webUI, you have to add this user to the "ssh" group first.

• Which version of OpenMediaVault exactly are you running? 0.5.0.24? If so update to the latest version via Update-Manager and you will see why SSH isn't working. (Or if you want it now, click on the green button in the top right corner.)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Yes, it is just that the check mark to allow root login has not been applied. The green button is the apply button before you do all your upgrades.

Permit root login is enabled by default. So he only missed that the settings have to be applied.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!