Move shared folder to another Volume by cmdline / configfile

• Dear all

Does anyone have a hint on how to change the location of a shared folder without having to delete and recreate the share in OMW GUI? There is a lot of ACL settings I would like preserve, and I would like to avoid going through the process of recreating the share.

In short; I have rsync'ed the folder to another volume and I would like to move the share definition to the new folder preserving all user-rights - the easy way :)
    My guess is that I can change the share destination in the config files.. or? :?

Kind Regards
    Thomas

• Offizieller Beitrag

Removing the shared folder should not remove any ACLs because it is not deleting any content. ACLs are stored in the filesystem not OMV's database.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for clarifying the ACL - The ACL's are surely still there, but I'm pretty sure that OMW dosen't rediscover the ACL user selection i the GUI when recreating the share (But I'm not 100% on this - I need to test this)

However, back to question regarding config file... Is it a No? Imaging you have 50 shared folders on volumes you need to move to another volume. I would hate going through the process of recreating all the shares (unless it's scriptable). This could also touch the topics about "replacing a disk".

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could change it in the config file. Make sure you back it up first. The mistake will cause the web interface not to work.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!