can not add shared folders [RESOLVED]

• Newbie here. I just installed OMV. set up my 2TiB drive with the XFS system.
    I am trying to add a Shared Folder. After I choose the volume, I click on the folder icon to browse the path and there is nothing in the pop box.
    What am I doing wrong? Why is there no Path to choose?

• There is a little text: "The path of the folder to share. The specified folder will be created if it does not already exist."

If I'm not wrong... If there is no directory created already, nothing will show... just type a name, and a directory will be created.

I can't try right now, because all my HDs have folders already :D

• That is correct. This is a brand new HDD and no directories exist. However, I tried typing in the box and it would not let me enter anything nor would it allow me to leave it blank and just continue. All it gives me is the squiggly red line, I assume means field is required.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sound really wired. Can you please make screenshots or better a video. Then open a new bug report at bugtracker.openmediavauilt.org which allows you to append the screenshots and video.

Before doing this ensure the following steps:

• The device already contains a filesystem
    • The filesystem is marked as mounted ('Mount' button in the filesystem page)
  • I am really new to Linux. How do I check to see is my HDD contains a file system?

I do know that I mounted the HDD through the OMVGUI. That is how I got the HDD to be listed on the filesystem screen. In the second drop down box.

Any help is appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!