AUFS: Only 1 branch used

• Hi,

I have a aufs mount spanning 3 drives. It reports back correctly the total disk space and free space, but it seems to use only one disk. If the only disk where folders are created is full, writing to the pool just failes.

Also not working is moving stuff directly to the branch to avoid copying everything in a circle (one time it worked for 1 folder, but then no longer. It doenst matter which options I use in the plugin (mfs, pmfs, notify, reveal)

This server runs 3.2 backports kernel.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Manually moving things is a bad idea. What size are the drives? It should write to the drive with the most free space first. So, if one drive is larger, it will write to that drive until it has less free space than the rest of the drives.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• All 3 drives are 3TB, but as I said, distributing over the branches doenst work, aufs just failes to use the other branches.

Also I tried to move manually the files to avoid a round trip copy and for 1 direcotry it even worked, but since then no more.

• For Now it seems to work: Uninstalled aufs, used apt clean reinstalled it, set up the share, rebooted and now most things work (like balancing)

only thing, if I move a directory into the branch folder it gets picked up by aufs, if I move something in the branch folder it gets ignored. (however a reboot seems also to init a folder resync, it would be nice to to that by hand)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!