Install on Jessie ???

• I was thinking of using the likes of Linux Mint Debian as a base which is based on Jessie. Reason for a full install is I want to use SteamOS as well on this machine an I have the annoying Intel e1000 driver issue when installing just OMV current.

Any thoughts?

Kryspy

• No need to use Jessie. OpenMediaVault Kralizec will use Wheezy. SteamOS also runs on Debian Wheezy, not Jessie.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• After you install Wheezy....

Code
    1 - echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public kralizec main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    2 - apt-get update
    3 - apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    4 - apt-get update
    5 - apt-get install openmediavault
    6 - omv-initsystem
    7 - ready

Then:
    apt-get upgrade

Link with information to install OMV Extras for plugins:

http://omv-extras.org/simple/i…install-omv-extras-plugin

• Installed fine on a spare drive I had kicking around. Installed a wack of plugins just to see if anything fails or causes any showstoppers. Everything seems okay. Going to put this into production on my OS drive tomorrow.

Kryspy

• If a service changed the way how it is used, changed commands or flags etc. they may be unable to be configured via the GUI.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Been running fine. As soon as I wrapped my head around the simple fact that the AUFS plugin is looking for share to be in the d1,d2,d3 folders. This is where I had trouble previously and just couldn't get it. Natively AUFS should be bale to just share the root of each drive. My drives are named disk1,disk2 and disk3. I should just have just been able to add them as is as branches and named a bind point without adding it to one of the drives. Having said all that I have it working :)

Kryspy

• Furthermore this may just be a stopgap until 0.6 is released. I just knew a full debian install would have my network drivers without umping through hoops.

Kryspy

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Kryspy"

Natively AUFS should be bale to just share the root of each drive. My drives are named disk1,disk2 and disk3. I should just have just been able to add them as is as branches and named a bind point without adding it to one of the drives.

Not everyone wants to pool files in the root of each drive especially if you have more than one aufs pool where the pools share a disk. It is easy enough to create shared folders that are the root. That is why I made the plugin this way.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "Kryspy"

Furthermore this may just be a stopgap until 0.6 is released. I just knew a full debian install would have my network drivers without umping through hoops.

Kryspy

Still no reason to use Jessie instead of Wheezy (w/Backports).

So my statement stays the same. Once a service changes how it behaves the GUI will be rendered unusable for it. After that point you may be forced to reinstall to Wheezy, so guys:

Just stay away from it for good.

Greetings
    David

• I updated my system to Jessie to use lasted version of kodi.
    now Jessie is released to stable, do we have a chance to be able install OMV sooner ?
    I just tried and steel getting the same error :

• Offizieller Beitrag

While you can eventually get OMV install on Jessie, most of it doesn't work because of systemd (much different than sysv init on wheezy). Read for Volker's guess on timeframe.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• aaaah crap,

my os HDD on my qnap died today, so i had to reinstall debian on the new drive, and i can't install wheezy anymore (using a net installer, only option to install debian) :(, so no OMV for me?

solved, did some searching in the debian ftp and found a wheezy installer

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!