android phone backup

• Hi
    I'm trying to connect my android phone to OMV and to backup the content of some folders (mostly containing photos) with my nas,
    I was thinking of using the USB-Backup plugin and to configure it in such a way that as soon as the phone is connected, an automatic backup will be carried out.

Unfortunately when I connect the phone I cannot see it from OMV. I tried with several phone configurations e.g. "USB Storage Device", but no success so far.

normally I have no problems with my linux laptop, I can see the microSD card and the content (when the phone is on "usb storage device" mode).

do you have any suggestions?

thanks

FT

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plug your phone in and post the output of the following:

fdisk -l
    blkid

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• the two commands do not return any information on the mobile phone data...it's like if the device wasn't there.

however lsub returns

Code
    Bus 001 Device 012: ID 04e8:685b Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd

which tells me that the phone is plugged in...

• Offizieller Beitrag

That doesn't mean there is a driver for it. Do you have the backports 3.2 kernel installed?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could try booting the system with a livecd like systemrescuecd and see if it recognizes the phone. That will tell you if you need an even newer kernel. The next OMV is based on Wheezy and lets you use the 3.14 kernel.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!