Problem with ACL rights and permissions

• Hi all

When i download new data on my drive trough sabnzbd or bitorrent i allways need to reset my ACL

Basicly when i do that and i select Recursive to all subfolders ald files i get following error message:

i have no idea what to do ...

did not had this problem before

i had the drive in NTFS before and transferred all data to another drive and formatted that drive to EXT4 , then put the data back on the drive and afterwards i got that message

any ideas ?

• The reason why it was never a problem when you used NTFS is because chattr doesn't work with it. Normally aquota.group and aquota.user is set as immutable with chattr +i which means that you can't change it at all. Now when you've changed to an ext file system the command works which means you can't change the permissions on the file anymore.

So what you should do is stop changing permissions on the whole directory in OMV and only do it on subdirs. Or you could just stop having the whole drive as one shared folder :)

• Or you could add the transmission user to the users group which should solve your issues once and for all.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• i mostly use Sabnzbd with couchpotato ; sickbeard

how do i do it like this ?

so is it than better to have a folder on my / saying storage instead of all folders i need to share on my nas on the / folder ?

was it not a good idea to convert my filesystem to EXT4 then aswell for my use ?

also what is strange is that my system info graphs tell me i have 350gb free and sabnzbd says i only have 225gb free ...
    used parted to create 2tb partition

• Zitat von "subzeroin"

The reason why it was never a problem when you used NTFS is because chattr doesn't work with it. Normally aquota.group and aquota.user is set as immutable with chattr +i which means that you can't change it at all. Now when you've changed to an ext file system the command works which means you can't change the permissions on the file anymore.

So what you should do is stop changing permissions on the whole directory in OMV and only do it on subdirs. Or you could just stop having the whole drive as one shared folder :)

I erased the permissions in ACL on the root folder and only to all subfolders and i dont get this error anymore !
    thanks ; now to see if new files will be threaded with the new ACL aswell after download
    { EDIT } Still not working to delete newer dir-files

now only my free diskspace issue and everything is OK :)

dont know if this is visible

in filesystems free disk space mentions 120gig less :/

• i tried several things now and i concluded on creation of new files with sabnzbd after extracting it creates the directory as ACL User: read only

so every new download i have to reset ACL for this...

i now deleted the shared folder and created a new one to test if it's been an creation error

• Why do you want to move it by hand anyway? Sab/Sickbeard can move it just fine for you...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• i know david but it wont even allow sab2sickbeard script anymore or just sabnzb to move stuff ...

getting error message aswell

my issue is that since ... i dno when ... if sabnzbd creates a folder it does it as read only for other services and i have no idea why nor how to change it

• Tbh i think it started from the last update i did last week thursday... ( just one package )

i saw some new packages today so i am going to install them now aswell

• I think i found the issue within Sabnzbd

config - folders - rights for processed downloads was empty and should have been 0777

probably deleted field by error

will give this a try today and keep this updated

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!