Bonding going haywire.

• Hi Guys
    For some reason my Bonded Nics is giving me hassles like you can not believe.

Symptoms:
    1. eth0 works, eth1 getting renamed to eth1-eth0.
    2. deleting 70-persistent-net.rules allows me to do a "omv-firstaid" on reboot gives eth0 and eth1 but on the same NIC ADDRESS!

Configs:
    1. lshw -C Network See the NIC ADDRESSES!

Rebooting the machine then, puts eth1 in a DISABLED STATE (running lshw -C Network) and renames eth1 to eth1-eth0 (doing an ifconfig -a)

Question:
    How can I delete the network completely and redefine it? (Delete bond0 and everything associated to eth0/1's configurations)?

Kind regards
    Aubrey Kloppers
    Cape Town

• Further on this:
    if I (When the nic is renamed to eth1-eth0) click on the network in OMV, I get the error:

Zitat

Unsupported network interface detected (name=eth0-eth1)

with the error:

• One of the requirements is that the MAC address can be overridden through driver support so that all the NICs can have the same address, that's nothing you have to worry about. It will usually assign the MAC from eth0 to eth1 and bond0. Having said that, you could delete bond0 (from within the GUI if you can), and try to re-assign what you want to be eth0. If you can't access the GUI, edit this file:

/etc/network/interfaces

You should be able to remove the bond from there.

I had to go through something similar when I replaced my motherboard. Debian has a nasty tendency of calling everything eth1 after a swap even if there's no eth0 anymore, but I was able to get around it. I don't know if it will help you, but once you remove the bond, double check this file:

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

and make sure you have assigned eth0 and eth1 the way you want them, simply by matching their MAC address. Once you are all done,

Code
    /etc/init.d/networking restart

See if any of that helps.

• I did get this sorted by removing the PCI NIC, reBooting the machine, reConfiguring the Network and adding the nic back in.

My problem, though is that I have tried everything, changing /etc/network/interfaces. removing the 70 rules file and the problem would just return...

NOTE TO OTHER USERS:
    I did not realize (Until I creted multiple bonds on multiple systems) that all the NIC's get the same address asigned once in a BONDED state. (This is very weird for me, but so be it. :D )

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!