Problem setting up Bit Torrent

• Hi everyone,
    I have version 0.2.7.4(lx) running with 3 x hdd's. There are SMB/CIFS service and some shared folder along with a Grayhole setting. It all seems to be working ok and I have backed up various laptops but I can't get my bit torrent service to work.
    When I go to the setup page and Files and Locations tab, in locations I can set up a location from the drop down list ie torrent-downloads . I've set this to be 'debian-transmission' has read/write access to the shared folder. The problem is this location keeps despairing, so the box is red with select a shared folder inside and any torrent hangs up after a small amount of data is transmitted.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I need to do to fix this. I would just like to get this running as that would make OpenMediaVault complete.
    Thanks for any help.

• Hi, it's my first post here, but - being ex Freenas user - I've been following this project and forum since it's started. Great job Volker!

I can confirm the problem that trebor7-1 has, but also with 0.3.0.17 version. I've been using OMV for quite long time without any issues, until I decided to try Bt few days ago. Same issues as mentioned before - download dir disappears from settings. I digged a bit in configuration and logs, and tried to change the BT "download-dir" manually in settings.json, but the plugin keeps changing it to default value - "/". Then of course you can see in log transmission complaining that it has no write rights to "/". Finally I gave up: I removed the BT plugin, reinstalled transmission-daemon manually with apt, configured it, and now it works.

• Install the package from the repository through the WebGUI
    Read the file: / etc / transmission-daemon / readme.json:
    "Currently transmission overwrites the settings.json configuration file on exit. The daemon can be instructed to reload the config with a SIGHUP, or # invoke-rc.d transmission-daemon reload
    Otherwise changes made manually to the file while the daemon is running will be silently overwritten on exit. "
    That is to manually edit the / etc / transmission-daemon / config.json, then invoke-rc.d transmission-daemon reload and no changes of configuration through WebGUI!

• Zitat von "bluskye"

Found the problem through a closed bug for the plugin.

To resolve: Set a directory for Download/Incomplete/Watch. You do not have to enable the check marks for Incomplete/Watch.

Very annoying :evil:

Thanks bluskye thats sorted it for me...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!