[RESOLVED]afpd extended attributes error log

• Hello Everybody,

First of all, thanks to all dev and community for the big and hardwork provide on OMV ;)

I'm running OMV 0.5.49_amd64 kernel 3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 on a N54L microserver
    I choose to backup my wife's imac and my mac mini through network with Time Machhine option
    afp + Time Machine shares enabled work great but in syslog, I received this message at every backup connection :

Code
    afpd[19691]: volume "kristof" does not support Extended Attributes, using ea:ad instead

Searching for info in http://netatalk.sourceforge.ne…pleVolumes.default.5.html gives a way to a possible "default" option in order to correct this issue
    Example in the doc for the configuration line :

Code
    :DEFAULT: options:upriv,usedots dbpath:/var/dbd/AppleDB/$v dperm:0775 fperm:0664

and then : ea:[none|auto|sys|ad]
    Specify how Extended Attributes are stored. auto is the default.

So, I've opened this post because I'm lost and I don't have any idea about how to implement this, is a "cnidschem" needed, ...
    A little help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Currently it is not possible to fix this via an WebGUI setting. So you have to manually modify the /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default where the shares are configured. There you should find the options field for your share. Simply add the ea:ad string and restart the netatalk service via CLI. Note all manual changes to the config files will be lost if you modify the AFP settings via WebGUI.

• Thanks for fast answer ;)
    I've made changes like you suggest in my /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default
    I've put ea:auto on my TM volume and ea:ad on the other
    If needed, I've forgot to mention that physical volume are 2 hdd raid1 / ext4 / lvm and all afp shares settings by default (only check "TM support")

Code
    "/media/85f78c29-9aab-4279-b7cd-c60208e5f8ac/BACKUPTMKRIS/" "BACKUPTMKRIS" options:upriv,usedots,tm,ea:auto deny:"","","","nobody"
    "/media/ad8a03f4-bb11-4d4e-8e7b-a15786902df1/BACKUPTMCHRIS/" "BACKUPTMCHRIS" options:upriv,usedots,tm,ea:ad deny:"","","nobody"

Then

Code
    root@OMVN54L:/# /etc/init.d/netatalk restart

and load TM manually on each pc, it results the same thing in syslog

I've restart the server then re-try a backup job, same thing ...

I've found a post where the guy has solved the problem with a "cnidscheme" : http://www.blog.10deam.com/201…ore-netatalk-debugging-2/

EDIT : but I don't if it is the way to follow and how to ...

• Hello everybody,

Error log disappears after :
    ** deleting all Time Machine shares, ext4 file system and lvm volumes
    ** update sardaukar to 0.5.52
    ** recreate VG TM then 2 ext4 LV reserved to TM Backup
    ** recreate 2 TM dedicated shares then setup backup on each pc
    ** it works :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!