Monitoring Hardware Raid HP P222 possible

• Hello,

i am using the HP gen8 Microserver with P222-Raidcontroller Card and 4x3TB Disks. I have created the Raid 5 in the HP Raid Controller Interface.
    In OMV I added this logical Disk, works fine with ext4.

So, but I can not see the status of the Raid in the OMV (Degraded, clean, building % etc).

So, is it possible to see this features, the same like the software RAID status? I am afraid of a damaged disk and didn´t notice that... :)
    Is there a plugin or somethin else?

Thanks and greetings from germany

• Nope. Not yet possible, but a plugin for that is in development. You have to use the notification of the HP Raid Controller interface.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• As far as I know it wasn't really priorized, thus it is not yet finished. Oh and it should work with your controller too. I have the 16-Port version of it.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hi David,

danke für die schnelle Antwort, mit dir kann man ja "deutsch" babbeln ;)

Ich hatte mir die Frage gestellt, Software oder Hardware-Raid.
    Da ich den oben genannten Controller mit BBU-Modul in der Buch für 35 Taler gezogen hatte, war die Antwort klar!

Nur kann ich eben unter OMV nix monitoren :(
    Oder wie hast du das gelöst ?

Gruß
    Tuscani

• Ich monitore es über die Controller software, wobei ich selbst gar nicht nach SMART werten checken lasse sondern mich zunächst mal die wöchentlichen verifys verlasse.

Gruß
    David

• Ich hab die Software von 3ware installiert.

Gruß
    David

• [quote='davidh2k','http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/4915-Monitoring-Hardware-Raid-HP-P222-possible/?postID=49985#post49985']Ich hab die Software von 3ware installiert.

Okay, das hatte ich mir fast gedacht ;)
    Aber da ich in Sachen Linux und Co. eher ein Vollnoob bin und ohne Fensterchen installieren recht aufgeschmissen bin,
    wollte ich fragen ob du nicht ein kleines HowTow für die Installation hättest!?

Gruß
    Tuscani

• Offizieller Beitrag

As far as I know it wasn't really priorized, thus it is not yet finished. Oh and it should work with your controller too. I have the 16-Port version of it.

I kind of forgot about it. I still want to get a card to put in my development system. Off to eBay...

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Code
    wget ftp://tsupport:tsupport@ftp0.lsil.com/private/3Ware/downloads/3DM2_CLI-Linux_9.5.4_10.2.1.zip
    unzip 3DM2_CLI-Linux_9.5.4_10.2.1.zip
    chmod +x install.sh
    ./install.sh
    Y

Code
    https://ipdeinesnas:888

Gruß
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!