Can't SSH using PUTTY and PUBKEY

• Hi @all,

I'd like to use a pubkey file instead of a password to log into the console of my OMV 0.6.
    To do so, I have created a keypair using PuttyGen. Furthermore, I created a .ssh folder in the home directory of the user who should be able to log-in (yes, he is in the ssh group and uses /bin/bash) and copied the pub-keyfile to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys.
    Finally, I added this line

Code
    AuthorizedKeysFile %h/.ssh/authorized_keys

in the WebGUI of OMV. When trying to ssh to my OMV using the private keyfile via Putty, I just get a

"Server refused our key".
    Seemingly I am doing something wrong or missing something - but I can't find out what it is...
    Thank you for your suggestions,
    bg,

Gilhin

• You need to edit the ssh config file to allow key authentifcation. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• The ssh_config or the sshd_config?

The sshd_config alread has enabled RSA and PubKeyFile - that doesn't solve the problem.
    The ssh_config only had the possibility to uncomment "RSA autentication" - unfortuntely without any success.
    Or am I getting you wrong?
    Thx,

Gilhin

• Can't look it up right now, will get back to you tomorrow.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I read and set the rights according to the linked article.
    Unfortuntely, my VPN connection is mixed up at the moment so that I can't check whether it works or not.
    I'll try and give you a feedback latest by tonight.
    Thanks for your support,
    bg,

Gilhin

• You can run a debug session like this here:
    http://sfxpt.wordpress.com/201…d-server-configuration-2/

It uses a second sshd bound to another port (222). To use it, you need to setup putty to use a different port than the standard port (222) and then you can see on the console of your OMV the debug output of ssh.

I tried it and beyond mistyping the authorized_keys name, it worked flawlessly on my 0.5.53.

Maybe you copied the public key from putty gen in to the file and put in some linebreaks or stuff like that? So something wrong with your authorized_keys file.

Also great for bad things is haveing write permissions enabled for group and other on authorized_keys file. Check for chmod 600 on the authorized_keys file.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• As a note: If you use e.g. 'ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa' it will deny the keyfile if the permission of the file isn't restricted to the user only.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!