[RESOLVED] Change User password

• Hi there,

how can a user change his password without letting the admin know? Or can this only be done by the admin?
    Couldn't find a way to to this...

Thanks
    fahrer17

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

Western Digital WD Blue SN570

Seagate IronWolf 8TB/WD Red 8TB

AeroCool CS-102

• If I'm not mistaken the user should be able to change it in the webinterface... Or if ssh is allowed he can change it there.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi David, thanks for your reply.

Yeah, but no "normal" user has access to the GUI, that can only be done by an admin, right? The same with SSH.

I thought of something like the "Change password" function in a forum.
    But if there is no function like that - no problem. I as the admin will do it with my user(s) in the GUI.

Cheers
    fahrer17

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

AeroCool CS-102

• No, every user can access the gui. They type in their username and their password and then they can login and get to this form:

There the user can enter a new password and confirm it. Then press the Save button - done.

• Aaah, great - excactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot for that hint!! :D

Cheers
    fahrer17

Edit: How can I mark a thread as resolved?

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

AeroCool CS-102

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!