Plugin for Plex Media Server

• Hi thanks for this input.
    after I upload, and then install the plugin, it sticks on the "building dependency tree"...
    I already did apt-get update, and my OMV installation is already updated at 0.5.52.

Something is missing but I don't know what is it...

• Hi tekkbebe,

Please advice me, I have installed kralizec 1.0.2 and update backport kernel 3.14.
    Install extras 1.0.1, but plugin for iTunes/daap and plexmediaserver is install but not running.
    Status is red, not running.
    I try to CLI plexmediaserver start, it shows done, but still not running. Some error is shown in the log.
    Could you advice me on this

Thanks in advance

• "Some error is shown in the log." - And you don't think it could help us in any way if you would post the error?

Some people expect us to be a clairvoyant ... :roll:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I have attached the log, it is highlighted on the plex server issue.
    As well can be seen the others daapd issue of failed to start.

Well at least that the information that I got from system. I don't have any clues after seek around information in browsing.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plex is segfaulting. Probably the same problem with daapd. What is OMV installed on? usb stick? Did you run memtest on the system?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron,

I try it on OMV installation on USB and SSD, both result the same.
    I didn't try run memtest on the system.
    Looking at your footnote, I'm using the same update version of installation.

• This is the result :

root@debian:~# stat /media/1b48c326-ef97-441e-8bff-c9a0f4db1586/plexmediaserver
    File: `/media/1b48c326-ef97-441e-8bff-c9a0f4db1586/plexmediaserver'
    Size: 4096 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 directory
    Device: 811h/2065d Inode: 164102145 Links: 3
    Access: (0755/drwxr-xr-x) Uid: ( 113/ daapd) Gid: (65534/ nogroup)
    Access: 2014-07-19 11:54:47.614652349 +0700
    Modify: 2014-07-12 23:46:57.520141000 +0700
    Change: 2014-07-12 23:55:47.265643587 +0700
    Birth: -
    root@debian:~#

• daapd cannot be the owner of this directory and this is not the directory where media files are stored. The plexmediaserver directory is a working directory for the Plex Media Server program.

Code
    chown -R plex:nogroup /media/1b48c326-ef97-441e-8bff-c9a0f4db1586/plexmediaserver
  • After I reformat the media hdd, I register the new location of the plex server database folder as below
    /media/d64c7949-af87-41b1-8aee-86982682d59b/plexmediaserver

but when I check, the folder plexmediaserver is not created. it is just the directory /media/d64c79....
    does the folder is created somewhere else ?
    so when I check the stat, it result in "no such file or directory"

• Hi tekkbebe,

good news. after I create the folder plexmediaserver, then I check the stat, it shows empty.
    And then I use chown as your suggestion, and then UID is directed to plex.
    After disable and then enable the plugin, finally the plexmediaserver is running.

A BIG thank you all, ....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!