LVM Bad Geometry Error

• Hello,

I have just installed OMV and created a LVM from 2 x 2TB drives and then installed PLEX. I busily spent last night copying data across to the new volume, watched a movie and then shut the system down. On starting up this morning, the bootup failed with an error 4 which I CTRL-D through to boot the server. When I go to the management console GUI, the volume is not mounted and when I try to mount it I get the following error:

Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount 'f8f1b382-3c80-4932-acf8-4e5d957378f7': ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:873
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

On the command line interface, the following appears:

EXT4-fs (sdb1): bad geometry: block count 976756780 exceeds size of device (488378385 blocks)

There are also no entries in the RAID section

From the looks of the block count, it is as though it cannot see one of the drives?

Is there anyway to fix this as I moved all of the data and did not copy it.

• You can use this to check/fix any errors in the filesystems on the Logical Volumes:

Run this to get Logical Volume Name:

lvdisplay

Then this to check/fix the filesystem:

fsck.ext4 pathtologicalvolume (from the Logical Volume Name in lvdisplay)

• The initial setup used /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc to create a single liner volume (2 x 2GB drives). sdc reports that it is disk 1 of the array and is healty where sdb reports that it is empty. Running testdisk, sdb contains partition info indication that it is 4GB in size i.e. it seems to be holding the partition info for the combine sdb and sdc volume. Testdisk reports that it cannot restore as the reported partition is bigger than the physical size of the disk. Is there a way to repair the sdb partition table such that it takes into account sdc when the backup partition information is recovered?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!