Cannot access Public share

• Hello,

I recently created a RAID5 disk and formatted to XFS. When creating a SMB folder, I have "Public no password is required to access to the share" enabled but cannot access the share. I'm using Windows 7 to access it but it says network cannot be found. If I disable Public share and authenticate, I can access the folder fine.

I have another disk with EXT4 filesystem and Public share works fine.

• Did you use acl or privileges for you users that authenticate? Whichever you used try giving user "nobody" read only perms to the share with same type of perms you used for your users that authenticate.

• How do you have shared folder setup? I found if I shared root directory I wold get same issue. I had to make sub folder for share to work.

Example:

Name: sdb1
    Volume: disk1
    Path: data/

I did get root folder to work after I did chmod to /media/(disk id)

-mike

• Your idea made sense and it lead to the fix.

The permission under the /media/(disk id) were not propagating to the "Shared Folder". I ssh to omv and as root ran "mkdir /media/(disk id)/PublicShare". When I created a Shared Folder its was already on the list of path and selected it. Once I placed it on the SMB, viola! I can access the folder without username/password and it was read only.

Thank you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!