(samba/cifs) Sharing folders and HDDs

• Planned project: big storage with OMV, headless.
    As far as I understand, with jbod HDDs are mounted individually, and one can just have 5 HDDs, sdb-sdf, and share 5 drives as 5 indipendent network shares. This setup has the "ability" of knowing what data is on what disk easily. Obviously no raid.
    That works on standard debian based distros, so OMV should do it too.
    But, if I were to move data from a disk to another, let's say fornet share2 (sda2) to netshare3 (sda3), it won't be done server side; so I tought of mounting each HDD in a folder, and then share that folder through samba/cifs: this should keep the data transfers on OMV box side. I suppose I could share /mount or /media, but I think better leaving sys dir alone...
    Is this possible?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably not from the web interface but definitely from the command line because it is Debian. If you want five shares, I wouldn't JBOD the disks. If you lost one, you would lose everything.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!