Configuration Backup

• Hello,

I'm using OMV 1.0.6 with kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 and I've been configuring some plugins for daily use, I'm afraid that some updates or faulty OS hard drive could leave my system to freeze someday, If I had the necessity to reinstall all OMV OS is there any way to make a valid configuration backup for future safe use?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just clone the system drive with Clonezilla. If you install openmediavault-backup, you can install clonezilla to boot from the boot menu.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Just clone the system drive with Clonezilla. If you install openmediavault-backup, you can install clonezilla to boot from the boot menu.

Hi ryecoaaron,

You're always my backup agent!! :D , but the problem is that I'm a newbie in linux and what you told me to do its a challenge, could you provide me with some guides to do this? :?:

I will have to get some way to send you an "Port bottle Wine" :idea: ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will write up a quick guide in a bit :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Backup/Create clone image using Clonezilla

In OpenMediaVault web interface

1. Install omv-extras
    2. Install openmediavault-backup from Plugins section
    3. Go to Clonezilla tab in System | Backup
    4. Click Install
    5. Click Clonezilla
    6. Reboot. It will boot to Clonezilla until the next reboot.

In Clonezilla

7. Choose language
    8. Select default keymap option
    9. Chooose Start Clonezilla
    10. Choose device-image
    11. Choose enter_shell

If you want to backup to a raid array:
    12. Type the following to find the array number (ie md127): cat /proc/mdstat
    13. Mount the array: mount /dev/md127 /home/partimag

If you want to backup to a single drive:
    12. Type the following to find the drive letter and partition number (ie /dev/sdc1): fdisk -l
    13. Mount the drive: mount /dev/sdc1 /home/partimag

14. Choose Beginner
    15. Choose savedisk
    16. Input a name for saved image
    17. Mark (with an asterisk - use space bar) source disk which has OMV installed - not a data disk. This will typically be sda.
    18. Select OK
    19. Choose default advanced extra parameter for next two screens
    20. Press Enter
    21. Press Y to continue
    22. Wait for backup and backup image verification
    23. Press enter
    24. Choose reboot

System should boot back into OpenMediaVault.

• I do not see Clonezilla tab:

this are my support info:

What I need to do to have latest version?

• This is only available for Kralizec, not Sardaukar.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi ryecoaaron,

I was testing your guide on a virtual Machine (VMWare ESXi) and when booting into Clonezilla the system hangs.
    Maybe some virtual hardware not compatible.
    Well it seems I've to go with my bare metal system.I hope don't loose my backups!!! :(

Another error came when installing the Extras plugin and backup plugin:

Code
    Failed to execute RPC (service=Apt, method=createIndex): Daemon is not running
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't have any problems with virtualbox or real systems. Maybe clonezilla has issues with VMWare.

That error is more of a warning. Don't worry about it.

• Hi ryecoaaron,

I tried to install the OMV-Extras plugin and I can see it on the menu tab but no new plugin are visible, removed it again and reinstalled it but no new plugin available meanwhile during the installation got his error:

Code
    Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":4000,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-anacron 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-anacron : Depends: openmediavault (>= 1.0.7) but 1.0.6 is to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-anacron 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-anacron : Depends: openmediavault (>= 1.0.7) but 1.0.6 is to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.' in \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/pluginmgmt.inc:382\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->createIndex(Array, Array)\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('createIndex', Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'createIndex', Array, Array, 1)\n#4 {main}"}}
    Done ...
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I released updates for a bunch of plugins because I saw OMV 1.0.7 in the repo but it is not showing up in the updates. I will send Volker a message. Until then, do (as root):

Code
    wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/o/openmediavault/openmediavault_1.0.7_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault_1.0.7_all.deb

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.0.7 is in the Pre-released updates repo.

• Is it possible to make an image with the backup plugin (Clonezilla), and then retsore it into a virtualbox (P to V) for testing purposes?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:
    Chassis: Fractal Design Node 304
    Board: ASROCK Z87E-ITX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670T
    CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12S
    System storage: 30GB - Kingston SMS200S3/30G
    Data storage: 4 x 4TB - WD Red WD40EFRX 4TB
    RAM: 16GB
    Ethernet Adapter TP-Link TG-3468 (PCIe)

• Sorry for opening old post but i had similar problem.

My system disk is going to die (S.M.A.R.T. report: bad blocks). I need to backup my system drive and recover it to new drive (maybe SSD). I can backup old drive but not found how to recover it to new (maybe smaller SSD).

When I clone my old drive to new one - what happened to UUID (system disk) and similar stuff? I am begginer in Linux and had only experience with cloning Windows.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!