SSH ok, shares ok, but no access to web GUI ?

• Hi all,

I've got a little problem ^^ I can't acces the web GUI of my OMV installation !
    There was no problem, and i didn't install anything (plugins or updates) !

I can access through SSH, and i can access my network shares (SMB), but when i'm trying to connect via my browser to GUI, Chrome throw me a "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" error.

Can you help me ?

• Which version of OpenMediaVault are you using?

Whats the output of the following commands:

Code
    netstat -tulpen | grep 80
    netstat -tulpen | grep 443

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hello,

Since I am encountering the same issue (web gui no longer loading), I am posting here as it seems somehow comparable to first post
    SSH working. Both SMB and NFS shares accessible.
    I checked and Apache2 is running.

I ran the 2 netstat commands suggested above for each port 80 and 443 ; it seems alright to the noob I am:
    netstat -tulpen | grep 80
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 0 295714 9030/apache2
    tcp6 0 0 :::51413 :::* LISTEN 114 7380 1593/transmission-d
    udp 0 0 192.168.1.50:33265 0.0.0.0:* 112 7800 1950/Plex Media Ser
    udp 0 0 192.168.1.50:58025 0.0.0.0:* 112 7798 1950/Plex Media Ser
    root@FAMILYNAS:~# netstat -tulpen | grep 443
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:443 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 0 295717 9030/apache2

I wonder what is the cause of this issue and how to fix it. Would you mind helping me figure this out please?

• Vielen dank für dein antwort tekkbebe.. much appreciated
    I did try this and it doesn't make a difference... :(

It's not coming from my browser (tried both Firefox and Chrome), nor from the machine I try to access the web GUI from (tried from another one).

Should I try reinstaling anything or assess firewall rules? Any further input would be helpful.

• You couldn't look it up the new forum tekkbebe? Nice flooding the new forum with old forum links.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• The firewall was activated when this problem started (as it was before, and still is).
    I did follow your guide when setting up the firewall. Which particular part are you thinking about else than port 443 (as I use SSL to access web GUI)?

Just before this problem started I had enabled and set up Owncloud and remember reviewing firewall rules, but I don't remember making any change to it ; "iptables -L -n -v" command confirms port 443 is open (I use SSL)... although it obviously most probably did ;)
    0 0 ACCEPT tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.1.50 tcp spt:443 dpt:443

I can't find a safe way (i.e. ensuring SSH access isn't flushed) to deactivate iptables in CLI and I haven't seen what could be wrong in firewall rules... but I'm obviously no firewalling expert.
    Apart from adding rules for static NFS ports, my firewall rules are basically the same as in your guide.

Could you guide me as to check anything Aspecific ? or a firewall troubleshooting method.

Thank you very much for your kind help

• Forgot it's Debian. Enter these one at a time. When you restart the rules will come back. This will flush all the rules so we can see if the webgui is blocked by the firewall:

iptables -F
    iptables -X
    iptables -t nat -F
    iptables -t nat -X
    iptables -t mangle -F
    iptables -t mangle -X
    iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
    iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
    iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

Just copy and paste them one at a time into Putty.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tekkbebe ()

• I would go in there and figure out what you did wrong. Don't restart til you are sure you omitted the offending rule, or you will have to flush again.

You do not have to re-enter all the rules. Just edit or delete the bad one and then restart.

• OK. I found the issue, fixed it, rebooted and it works fine again. Thanks a lot!
    Keep up the excellent work. All your posts are of great help Tekkbebe.
    It's good for all users like me to have resourceful people like you improve our learning curve :D

Cheers

• I am posting here because I cannot access the gui. I have tried fixes from above. firewall is not on. The webpage comes up but there is no login menu. It happened after trying to install owncloud. using a wd mycloud nas.

• Did you try the incogknito mode of your browser, preferably chrom, yet?

Greetings
    David

• Hi All
    Have the same problem as pMuadib. Can see logo and the gray background but no fields for username and password.
    Thing happened after I installed calibre plugin. Tried Incognito and different browser - all the same.

Mitch

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!