HOWTO: Upgrading 0.2.x to 0.3.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is a small howto about upgrading your 0.2.x system to 0.3.x. Please note, it is not necessary to install the whole system using the ISO images, instead you can simply update it using the Debian package management.

Please ensure that you have installed the latest available version (0.2.7.4) before upgrading to 0.3.x. Also make sure that all external plugins are ready for 0.3. If not, please uninstall them before upgrading. You also have to upgrade the external plugin repository.

The following plugins maintained by the OMV project are 0.3 ready:

• openmediavault-forkeddaapd
    • openmediavault-iscsitarget
    • openmediavault-lvm2
    • openmediavault-netatalk
    • openmediavault-nut

To upgrade to 0.3.x do the following steps:

• Edit the file '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list' and change the repository name from 'ix' to 'omnius'.

Code
      deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public omnius main
      ## Uncomment the following line to add software from the proposed repository.
      # deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public omnius-proposed main

• Execute the following commands

Code
      apt-get update
      apt-get dist-upgrade

To edit the file use the 'nano' editor:

Zitat

# nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list

A nano cheat sheet can be found here: http://www.tuxradar.com/content/text-editing-nano-made-easy

• As I do not have any Linux experience yet: how to edit the file '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list'?

Can this be done using the WebGUI?

If not, which commands need to be used to edit a text file. I managed to find the file openmediavault.list in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d folder but how to edit it now? Is there a text editor available that can be launched from the console?

How can the commands
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

be executed?

BR
    Indy

• Offizieller Beitrag

You haveto use the CLI (command line interface). To do that login to your system via SSH or physically. Use the 'nano' editor to modify the files. Have a look here how to use nano:

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/text-editing-nano-made-easy
    https://ibi.uchicago.edu/educa…ements/nanoCheatSheet.txt

Example:

Zitat

# nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list

• Hi Volker,

I just ran an update from 0.2.7.4 to 0.3.0.18. The upgrade seemed to work fine. I could see the 0.3.0.18 in the web UI afterwards. Then, I rebooted the server and now when I try to log in I can't. I get the following error:

Code
    Error #2003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: Array is not an object.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc:289
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/authentication.inc(52): OMVRpc->validateParams('AuthenticationR...', Array)
    #1 [internal function]: AuthenticationRpc->login(Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(261): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(97): OMVRpc::exec('Authentication', 'login', Array)
    #4 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #5 {main}

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance! /// mL

• Nevermind. I removed openmediavault-netatalk.

Code
    apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-netatalk && apt-get autoremove

... and that fixed the problem.

Thanks for an awesome product!

• Zitat von "mlanner"

Nevermind. I removed openmediavault-netatalk.

Code
    apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-netatalk && apt-get autoremove

... and that fixed the problem.

Thanks for an awesome product!

Well,
    I tried you solution and got pass Error #2003. now after I enter credentials I get the following in the browser:

how to proceed now?

Thanks.

• Hello

after an update via SSH , i had the famous error 2003 during login the webGUI

Code
    Error #2003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: Array is not an object.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc:289
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/authentication.inc(52): OMVRpc->validateParams('AuthenticationR...', Array)
    #1 [internal function]: AuthenticationRpc->login(Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(261): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(97): OMVRpc::exec('Authentication', 'login', Array)
    #4 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #5 {main}

i checked my plug in before ( uninstall all are not in the "safe" list )
    i erased the netatalk
    i reboot the server
    i tried a apt-get update etc...

i can login with ssh and root, but not the WebGUI

i don t know what to do now :)

thanks a lot if anybody have an idea ...

• Hello,

i did everything explained in Post#1
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

but with "apt-get dist-upgrade" i only get

Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
    Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut
    Statusinformationen werden eingelesen... Fertig
    0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.

and stucked in 0.2.7.4?

Any ideas what is wrong?

• Hello,

I also want to switch to 0.3.x. When I

Code
    # Nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list

enter, I only get a black page. Should there not be something already displayed?

Greats
    Kutsche

have already solved itself. If only I could read. Was a small typo.

• Show

Code
    ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    Banana Pi + 16GB SD + 500GB - test platform omv 3.0.X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    Banana PRO + 8GB SD + 320GB - test platform omv 30..X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• Ok, how long should it stay on the Configuring MDADM screen? I have hit enter to agree with it, but it is just sitting there. I edited openmediavault.list file and ran apt-get update first. It's been an hour so far and it is still just sitting there.

OMV 4.1.0-1 Arrakis running on:
    IBM System x3400 server
    Dual Xeon 5110 1.6Ghz CPUs
    4Gb RAM
    40Gb IDE System drive
    8-2Tb Data HDDs

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!