mount windows shared folder

• Hello,

I'm new in forum,, and I'd like to say hello :D
    I'm using OMV for a while now but only for basic stuff.
    I want to mount a folder shared by a windows machine so i can do a rotary backup with rsync.

Please help , I have tried to mount hte folder with ''sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.0.3/backup -o username=everyone /mnt/backup''
    with no success .
    I have tried with openmediavault-remoteshare 0.6.2 but i dont understand how to set it up.
    Thank you for your help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Based off your information, just put the settings in like the following picture and select a shared folder that you to backup/sync to/from.

Bilder

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You could also export any filesystem to the windows server and run the backup with robocopy/rysnc there.

Or you could even setup rsync server on OMV and run rsync on the windows machine.

Mounting a share from a windows server and then running the backup on OMV is IMO the last thing you want to use.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• I looked all over for a thread with my problem and I couldn't find it. Which is really odd because I would have figured that somebody would have had the same problem at one point.

Anyway, I can't seem to get OMV to browse my network. I installed the Emby plug-in and tried to get it to scan a windows share on another box and Emby on OMV can't see the network at all.

So I looked at the OMV setting and I don't see anything that looks out of place. All of my Samba shares are accessible from my windows box and Openelec boxes but OMV can't access any shares from anything other than it's self.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

• HI all,

same here. I try to share a windows share with omv. The windows share have it mount point at /media/musik. I could see the file with ls -l /media/music.
    But I'm not sure how to put that path into omv to share.
    I have no plugins installed net.
    OMV is running as a VM with virtualbox5.

Hope for your help.

Thomas

• I try'ed it with openmediavault-remoteshare but I could not install it.

Error:

Failed to upload package 'openmediavault-remoteshare-master.zip'. The package name does not match the plugin naming convention.

Some ideas?

Thomas

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!