SnapRaid, strange things while adding a new disk

• Mmmmm... I just added a disc I have laying around to my snapraid and during the process I saw a couple of things I didn't really expect.
    As I didn't find any tutorial on how to add a disk to an existing setup I started it as I was creating a new setup +some pray for my existing data. Also the disk had data on it, but again as I didn't find instructions on how to add a full disk, I previously dumped the data.

It all went well, but as I arrived to the pool edit I got an error after applying the changes. It said something about it didn't find a volume or file with some ssid name, and I guessed what had to be.
    Three weeks ago I did mount an external USB HD so I could transfer something It had to my new snapraid. As OMV didn't automount the drive I had to configure it all as it was an inner disk. After that I shutdown the server and removed the drive, but the filesystem info still was there.
    The only thing that bothers us it's: Why the pooling plugin did seek for a non existing (and un-related) usb disk when adding a perfectly configured one.
    I tried to remove the filesystem, but it was grayed. So I had to shutdown the server, connect the USB drive and powerup.
    The pooling plugin applied the changes perfectly.
    But, why if I still didn't have the extUSB?

The other thing happened after the pool was completely set. I transferred one of those big files we have to the newly increased size array. But the data only was written to the two drives that where initially present on the array, leaving the new drive empty.
    So I shutdown the server, powered it up again and transferred another big file. It when to the new drive correctly.
    So... Do I need to shutdown the server for the pooling plugin to start using new drives? That could be a problem with rigs serving some other services. ?(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!