WOL not working

• Hey guys,

I've been trying to get WOL to work but for some reason the NIC stays dead after shutdown. I configured the NIC using omv-firstaid. And WOL was enabled.
    I also checked the BIOS to make sure it's enabled. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• Are the leds still on when you shut the machine down? Also, how are you triggering the wol??? What are you using?

During the shutdown the LEDs are on, After the server has been fully shut down, the LEDs are off. I've tried several tools to send the magic packet, but if the link layer is inactive none of these programms will do any good.

• If the leds on the nic are off it will not start with wol and it is not working right with the kernel. What onboard nic is it? There is no point in even trying wol to you see that the lights stay on when the machine is shut down.

• If the leds on the nic are off it will not start with wol and it is not working right with the kernel. What onboard nic is it? There is no point in even trying wol to you see that the lights stay on when the machine is shut down.

Yes that is also what I figured, something must be wrong with the kernel and/or NIC driver. Driver is e1000e, NIC is Intel 82579

• If the leds on the nic are off it will not start with wol and it is not working right with the kernel.

Wether or not LEDs are 'active' has nothing to do with WoL. Mine are off, oh and WoL works ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Proof:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

PS: Any word about my Desk and I will kill you.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Try again.

Greetings
    David

• Greetings
    David

• You made me turn off both my servers in the basement. Both of them are lit. One has a Biostar motherboard with a pci-e nic, that is lit. The other is an Asus and that is lit too. My SuperMicro board at the office stays lit with the onboard nic in back and has a green light in front to show it still has power. You got hosed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just curious.. what are you doing to attempt to wake it up? Did you download an app to do it, or using a website, or what?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!