OpenVPN Plugin repo missing for arm (Kralizec)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The kralizec-vpn repo is amd64 and i386 only because there is no arm version of openvpnas. You can download the plugin from either repo and install it manually on arm.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok thanks. Is it odd then, that the Debian package list on their site showed an armel reference? Just curious -- as long as it works on arm it doesn't really matter. :)

Seagate GoFlex Home running Debian Wheezy w/ 3.15kernel | Openmediavault Kralizec | Playing with ownCloud 7 and avoiding mySQL 5.5 like the bloody plague :|

• Offizieller Beitrag

openvpn is not the same as openvpnas. There is an openvpn package but there is not openvpnas package. That is why I said you use the openvpn plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I couldn't get it to work properly - or at all. I tried openVPN by itself and couldn't get that to work either, though, (timeouts on connect) so it is most likely me or system limitations.

It it seems like SFTP is going to be a better option, though that loses the other VPN benefits outside of files transfer.

Seagate GoFlex Home running Debian Wheezy w/ 3.15kernel | Openmediavault Kralizec | Playing with ownCloud 7 and avoiding mySQL 5.5 like the bloody plague :|

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin didn't work or openvpn didn't work?

• The plugin didn't work for me at all -- likely noob configuration issues. I tried openVPN without the plugin using a tutorial, and it worked, but timed out on connection. I have a fair bit of timeout difficulty on my set up, though (GoFlex Home), so I figured it was related. No clue on the plugin though -- the config guide on the forums that I found appears to be for an older version.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume you downloaded the plugin
    wget http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/o/openmediavault-openvpn/openmediavault-openvpn_1.0.8_all.deb
    and installed with
    dpkg -i openmediavault-openvpn_1.0.8_all.deb?
    Did it give an error? Did the plugin show up in the web interface?

• Yes. No errors that I recall, and it was in the web interface. I filled out the configuration fields in the plugin, but got nothing. I'll add it again so I can give you more info. Should be able to do it within a half hour.

• Ok there is an error at first,related to dependencies. Easily fixed with apt-get -f install, which then installs liblzo2-2, libpkcs11-helper1, and then openvpn.

No more errors after that except the typical "program compiled against libxml 209 using older 208" warning you get with everything.

OpenVPN plugins shows up in plugin list as installed and is in the services area.

Steps I took:

• enable
    • mapped port 1194 on my router to be sure
    • left as udp
    • compression checked
    • extra options - blank
    • logging level normal
    • VPN network address left as 10.8.0.0
    • mask left as 255.255.255.0
    • left client to client unchecked (not sure if I want that?)
    • dns server is my router address
    • left search and wins domains alone
    • Public address is public ip (without port)
    • Saved

Applying configuration changes went on forEVER. I'd forgotten about this when I posted no errors. Maybe the settings never applied?

I did the cert settings first last time, which was only a couple fields, and seems unlikely to be part of the error.

5 minutes in and still applying changes...

EDIT:
    After 15+ minutes I refreshed the GUI page. As it started to refresh it popped up an error. I couldn't show details (pretty sure the error window was hiding behind the applying changes window as it was still masked by the lightbox), but I'm fairly confident the error is Communication Failure. That is the one I get all the time.

I totally forgot about this -- that's what happens when you work at 4am.

Restarting the page takes forever, but I get back in -- I think I had to do a restart from terminal last time, which caused the changes to still need applying, the same issue, ad nauseum. I'm back in and all my settings have appeared. Moving to a new post.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von chilyn ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you login via ssh and try: omv-engined -df

If it says it is already running, try:

monit stop omv-engined
    omv-engined -df

• My system is crawling. Terminal is lagging, even. Restarting.

• Longest restart ever. Had to force shutdown -- and will likely need to pull the disk and fsck later.Back up now though.

I was editing my post when you posted your last one. Please take a quick look in case you missed it. Errors and such are there.

When I ran omv-engined -df I received the following:

That last error looks like something I have received before, usually on activating plugins or making config updates with them.

• Realized that it is still going. The last error keeps repeating itself now with a new PID every time.

Also, I note in the GUI that my configuration changes did not take. It is asking me to apply again.

EDIT:
    I clicked apply and got an internal server error pop up. This lead to the apply bar disappearing and then the GUI hanging. I refreshed the page and the apply is gone still, but my cpu is hanging out at 100% and my ram is at 90% for no particular reason. Just sticking there, followed by more communication failure pop ups.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von chilyn ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, there is nothing wrong with the output you posted. Not sure where it is going wrong. Maybe it is an issue only with arm.

• Could be. I am going to pull my disk and fsck, then see if the slowness/failures stop. If not, I'll have to remove the plugin again. I guess.

Thanks for all your help! :)

• Quick update. Once I fsck'd the errors from my drive -- likely caused when I forced shutdown -- and logged back in, the apply changes bar was back. I didn't want to mess with it this time, so I hit revert, which went cleanly, and uninstalled from the GUI. No issues except this error at the tail end:

Code
    Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":7003,"message":"Failed to read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc:168\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-rpc(107): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'createIndex', Array, Array, 2)\n#1 {main}"}}

Thanks again!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!