Not able to delete missing Filesystem Entrys

• Good Morning from Germany,

since working on it to make the external Backup run i have some serious problems and still no solution for it.
    It seems that i´m not the only one who ever had the same problem like this how to remove devices in filesystems

Prehistory:

I had Problems formating the external HDD (now done, ext4, 4 TB). With this i also deleted on of my NAS Drives (2 x 4TB in Mirror) that was my fault !!! thank God, the Mirror was working and i had at least acccess to my Data, so i could backup them to the external HDD. I formated the deleted NAS HDD (ext4) and tried to run the Rebuild using the WebGUI, this didn´t work (don´t know why) so i tried it again using mdadm this worked.. at least until the next reboot of the hole system. With all this the system created the first wrong Filesystem entry. after the restart i could see my still working Mirror drive and a new drive (the other new formated Mirror drive). I tried to rebuild again with mdadm this worked.. until the next reboot. I started to read the forum and found the above Thread. So i modified the fstab and config.xml (reboot the system) and now i have to missing drives in the filesystem and i´m still not able to delete this both entrys. I also can see my still working Drive and the other one (didn´t not try to rebuild again) I can not see / find any wrong entry anymore within the fstab and config.xml.

Now.....

i would like to delete this two wrong entrys and make the Mirror run again.

Someone any idea ???

Asus Z97M-Plus / Intel Core i5 / 16 GB RAM / System: 120 GB Intel SSD / RAID 1 - 2 x 4 TB Seagate ST4000VN000 / USB Backup HDD - Seagate Backup Plus Desktop STCA4000200

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    Kernel 4.19.0.0 bpo4 - amd64
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

• In 0.5 there is no relationship between shares and hard disks, thus you're unable to delete it via the GUI. You have to manually delete it from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml including all shares and service entrys that relate to the missing disk.

In 1.0 you can remove it from the GUI.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi David,

i dont see any relation / connection (in the config.xml) between the unknown devices and the existing shares connected to the drives which are still working. What about if i´m upgrading to 1.0 right now ? Would i be able to delete them over the GUI after the Upgrade ?
    by the way... "deleting the shares" you mean.. just the pathes in the config.xml ? if not, i´m going to lose all my data right if i really delete them or not ?
    What about the unsuccessfully rebuild ? Is this happening because of the unknown devices in the filesystem ?

Greetings

Andre

Asus Z97M-Plus / Intel Core i5 / 16 GB RAM / System: 120 GB Intel SSD / RAID 1 - 2 x 4 TB Seagate ST4000VN000 / USB Backup HDD - Seagate Backup Plus Desktop STCA4000200

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

• by the way... "deleting the shares" you mean.. just the pathes in the config.xml ? if not, i´m going to lose all my data right if i really delete them or not ?

I'm only speaking about the entrys in the config.xml for the already MISSING hdd.

What about the unsuccessfully rebuild ? Is this happening because of the unknown devices in the filesystem ?

Doubtfull.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Ok, thanks.. i will try to delete them in the config.xml
    What about the update to 1.0 ?
    Can you confirm that i really have to delete this hole part ?

Thanks

Andre

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ ()

• ...in Zukunft ! Danke, hast ja recht :)

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

• I have deleted every entry related to shares and services.

after restarting the system i have still this both missing entrys in the filesystem

Any idea ?

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

• Did you remove the entry for the harddisk/filesystem too?

Greetings
    David

• Good Morning,

well.... this still exists: can you mark the part which i have to delete as well please.

Thanks

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ ()

• Sunseeker, I did not read above but always make a backup of important files before you edit:

mkdir /scratch
    cp /etc/openmediavault/config.xml /scratch

or you can simply make a .bk file in current location

cd /etc/openmediavault
    cp config.xml config.bk

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tekkb ()

• Morning Tekk,

thanks for your advise.. i have for sure a backup of this files :)

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

• Good Morning everybody,

problem solved !!! thread can be closed...

I have installed a fresh wheezy and Kralizec on top. Now i´m a Kralizec Beta User !

Greetings and have a nice day... thanks for your support :)

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

• No Problem :) Thanks anyway :)

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

• Been here twice now ;) Loving OMV on RPi3b+! Can't wait for a true gigabit ethernet USB 3 product. Anyway, USB 2 with WiFi working very well for now. Point is that I am a long time, experienced, Windows operator but relatively new to Linux (happy with DOS prompt so comfortable with SSH cmd). Guess what, I've messed this up twice too. I have, however, made a simple workaround for windows users.

1) Whoops, got the order wrong
    2) Shutdown OMV
    3) Attach drive unit (my case a 4 bay USB 3 Orico) to Windows PC
    4) Install and run Minitool Partition Wizard (free)
    5) Find the messed up drive, delete all partitions and format to NTFS
    6) Attach drive unit back onto OMV box and switch on
    7) Edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml (I used Notepad++ with Filezilla) whilst looking at your erroneous entries and watch them go
    8 Wipe clean NTFS drive to EXT4
    9) Profit

So now I want the experienced Linux wonders to let me know why I'm going to cease humanity's existence through this method (that's nearly happened before with some of my workarounds!). Many thanks....looking forward to learning so much on here, some superb contributors on this forum!!

• Please delete this post. The server showed an error on submission, I mashed the button again (like the Neanderthal I am) and it happily posted twice whilst showing me the error again. Quick F5 and guess what? Double post!

• Hallo,
    i have the same problem

i receive this mail
    May 30 16:11:45 omv monit[1493]: 'mountpoint_media_2e106d26-9900-4661-9cfa-b26964b47588' status failed (1) -- /media/2e106d26-9900-4661-9cfa-b26964b47588 is not a mountpoint

because in Strorage / File Systems there is a n/a file system which is missing but i cant delete it ...

i have 4.1.22-1

is there an new way to delet it or do i have to manipulate config.xml?

thx & regards
    reinhard

boring OMV.
    it runs and and runs and runs and runs and ru ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!