The little brother of "Chap", the ultra-low-power 24/7 DL-Station, PXE and more NAS

• Do you have your System on a USB-Flashdrive or on a SD-Card. Had some Problems with SD-Cards lately (FS corrupt). Since I boot from SD and have the FS on a USB-Drive all is fine.

And to the Router: I was lucky to get a Cable-Modem and a Router from KabelDeutschland, so I can modify the FW ;)

• /boot is on sd card, everything else in on the usb hard disk.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• PXE working. More infos tomorrow, big thanks to @br41n for helping me configuring dnsmasq, tftp and pxe.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Haven't checked them since two days ago. Will have a look again at them later.

Greetings
    David

• So... lets get some infos out there... but first:

So how to set it up step by step: (a bit raw for now, and for single network only, mine is configured for two 'networks')

Install openmediavault-dnsmasq and syslinux-common.

Create a shared folder for pxe called 'pxe' or so. Enable TFP Server and choose the 'pxe' shared folder.

In this shared folder you need a folder called pxelinux.cfg and within that you need a file called default which will contain the menu entries you see above.

You need to copy three two files to your pxe folder:

Code
    cp /usr/lib/syslinux/pxelinux.0 /media/UUID/pxe/
    cp /usr/lib/syslinux/vesamenu.c32 /media/UUID/pxe/

I will use clonezilla live 64bit as an example, edit the file default in pxelinux.cfg now: (replace the IP with your IP)

Get the clonezilla live as a zip file, extract it and copy the three files filesystem.squashfs, initrd.img and vmlinuz to a new folder called 'clonezilla42' or so in /media/UUID/pxe/.

Now to configure dnsmasq:

I think you can even leave dns empty, but the rest has to be setup by you. Oh and domain name is up to you ofc. Change IP in extra settings.

After enabling one should be able to boot via network/pxe boot.

Greetings
    David

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• Ralf, thanks to 'br41n' this was rather setup fast than much time invested.

Greetings
    David

• Maybe you can add the pxe menu files here, so that we can have a look ;)

Are you using a USB-to-NIC adapter for your second NIC on the Pi? Maybe I overread something.

PS: I had a script running some time ago to mount my OMV-NFS-Share for Backup in Clonezilla automatically.

Code
    label clonezilla-nfsmount
      menu label Clonezilla OMV-Backup
      kernel /bootfiles/clonezilla/i686-pae/vmlinuz
      append initrd=/bootfiles/clonezilla/i686-pae/initrd.img boot=live union=aufs config noswap nolocales splash edd=on nomodeset ocs_live_run="screen ocs-live-general" ocs_live_extra_param="" ocs_live_keymap="/usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwertz/de-latin1-nodeadkeys.kmap.gz" ocs_lang="de_DE.UTF-8" ocs_live_batch="no" ocs_daemonon="ssh" ocs_prerun1="mount -t nfs 192.168.178.250:/export/Clonezilla-Images /home/partimag/" ocs_prerun2="busybox tftp -g -b 10240 -r /bootfiles/clonezilla/ocs-custom -l /tmp/custom.ocs 192.168.178.250" ocs_prerun3="busybox tftp -g -b 10240 -r /bootfiles/clonezilla/ocs-functions-own -l /tmp/ocs-functions-own 192.168.178.21" ocs_prerun4="sudo chmod +x /tmp/custom.ocs" ocs_prerun5="sudo bash /tmp/custom.ocs" vga=788 noprompt fetch=ftp://192.168.178.21/clonezilla/i686-pae/filesystem.squashfs

This entry gets a script (ocs-custom) from OMV and executes it with bash to mount the NFS-Share. Then I don't have to do it manually every boot of clonezilla.
    Here is the content of ocs-sustom:

I don't remember, why I put it in for every user, but it works.

• Of course I will add all my menue files if you want them. But if you want to know how to setup the winpe boot which is now in too, you'd have to ask reaaaaly nice, because it was a PITA to generate the files und windows 8...

Yes I use a usb to ethernet Adapter and whats nice the pi kernel has the drivers already, unlike my kernel on Chap.

Also thanks for your script. I will gather some more experience with pxe overall to make a good plugin suggestion.

On another note, aaron is improving dnsmasq with some errors/problems I found. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Code
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root users 348 Sep  4 18:24 default
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root users 742 Sep  4 16:44 default.eth0
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root users 725 Sep  4 16:44 default.eth1
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root users 140 Sep  4 18:23 default.winpe

Code
    LABEL Main Menu
     KERNEL vesamenu.c32
     APPEND pxelinux.cfg/default

Code
    LABEL Main Menu
     KERNEL vesamenu.c32
     APPEND pxelinux.cfg/default

LABEL WinPE8
     KERNEL Boot/pxeboot.0

Greetings
    David

• Greetings
    David

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• Quickly made a script on Chap to sync a season of a TV Series to the RPi:

Script is called the following way:

pisync "Season Folder" "target location (Series/Season Folder)" "Series Title"

Example:

Code
    root@Chap /media/d3c21c66-af4b-41d4-b098-462e83fa641d/Serien/Englisch/The Big Bang Theory # pisync Staffel\ 8\ EN\ 720p/ "The Big Bang Theory/Staffel 8 EN 720p/" "The Big Bang Theory"

I guess this can be done waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than how I did it but at least I got it to work the way i need it :D

Next script will be for syncing all running TV shows which get new episodes every week.

Greetings
    David

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• He told me to do so because he can watch the newest shows without having his power consuming OMV running all the time.

Actually - i think this is a pretty neat idea. If you automate everything else like "push me the last 100 series / movies to CHIP :P and delete the older ones"

• you copy your TV-Shows to the PI?

Seb is exactly right. It's about power saving and havin Chap not run at the same time while i watch TV Series. Thus I want to copy them to the RPi. The Script above was the work of ~ an hour to be able to sync specific seasons for a tv series over. Like I do a rerun of Scrubs now and needed to copy the 5th season over, cause I'm near the end of season 4. ;)

He told me to do so because he can watch the newest shows without having his power consuming OMV running all the time.

If you automate everything else like "push me the last 100 series / movies to CHIP and delete the older ones"

And thats exactly how I want to achieve it for the weekly running Series. (Just no automated deletion). Copy them over once a week or so to keep them in sync on the RPi. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Updated version of the script now on github (still a work-in-progress). Though, syncing files up two 14 days of age works already. (tested with 3 days, so should work for 14 too).

https://github.com/davidh2k/pisync/blob/master/pisync

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!