no more space on the main device?

• Hello,
    I've a OVM nas wich boots from a usb (external 80GB hd) it worked for almost 1 year.... yestarday when I tried to log to the WebUI or via samba I get the login page after the login (I'm sure that the pwd is correct)... I tought it was a broken update so I ran apt-get update and I got a message "No more space avaiable" ... how do I check if I run out of my 80GB space? can it be due to utorrent that wrote in temp partition?
    Thanks

• One thing you can usually do is run:
    apt-get clean

This should give your system enough room to get in the webgui again. But you need to find what is taking up a lot of space and delete it. Normally you should not need over 10 gigs of space used on the system drive.

Upgrades are downloaded to /var/cache/apt/archives before they are installed. After installation the packages will remain there. Apt get clean deletes all the packages that are residing in the archives location. And that is good because it can become quite full. But this does not account for you drive being as full as it is. It is like you had a bad rsync job or something.

• 80gigs... That seems near impossible.

Pretty easy, many users have let rsync successfully sync to their OS drive, until it was full. Or a log that filled up quite well.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, if you rsync something to your OS drive.. you'd have to do that via command line (again, unless you've done some sort of custom partition setup to add the OS drive to the rsync jobs in the webUI.

As for the logs.. I guess that's possible.. but that's a ton of logs. I usually check my logs about every 2-3 weeks (sometimes more frequently.. just depends).. and clear them.

Even on my Linux computers at home (one Debian, one Mint)... which have a desktop, and all the associated nonsense... the / partitions are 30gigs, and neither is over 10 (I keep data on a separate partition so I can reinstall the OS w/o doing a full backup of my data)

Edit: Just sitting here on my laptop, so I checked the partition status... It's 30gigs total.. with about 7.2gigs in use. Truth be told, I probably have a movie or TV show I've torrented lurking around that I've not moved to my NAS yet. Normally that number hovers between 5-6.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!