Bind shares to root or media

• Hi, is there any way to bind shares to preferably the root filesystem or if not then media? Having a UUID string in config files for SAB, Sickbeard, etc is very annoying. At the moment I'm resorting to creating nfs shares but there has to be a better way!

• Use softlinks.

Code
    ln -s /media/UUID/ /media/hdd1/

It could be the other way around.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• You could execute the command via a cron testrun.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Do I understand correctly that after rebooting these symbolic links - will disappear ...?
    And there's only one way to save them - put them in a cron?

omv 1.0.29 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.2.0-4 kernel | omvextrasorg 1.0.13 (Sorry for my bad english...)

• No. They are reboot persistant.

Greetings
    David

• Hello,

I might be slightly off-topic, but is there a way to link to an other NAS's shares (it's on the same network, and has smb shares) to expand the storage capacity, through the gui?

edit: ok I probably didn't search enough before asking, but just to be sure, is using greyhole my best option to achieve this ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault-remoteshare is probably what you are looking for.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @nashunt, the best way to do this is to use the downloader plugin. There is a TAB on it for symlinks. The source would be the location of your share. Then for destination you do not have to choose the a folder from the tree. You can put in the path you want manually and if you want the same name as your share in the root just put it like this for destination:

/nameofshare

Then in command do:
    cd /nameofshare
    ls -la

you should see all the files/folders that are in the share.

cd /
    ls -la

you should see the symlink

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!