MySQL-Plugin: mysqld is not starting

• Hi guys!

Since yesterday I got a problem with the MySQL-Plugin: mysqld is not starting automatically. Syslog is available via Pastebin.

Interesting part would be:

Code
    Sep  1 16:07:16 mediaserver mysqld: 140901 16:07:16 [ERROR] Can't start server: Bind on TCP/IP port: Cannot assign requested address
    Sep  1 16:07:16 mediaserver mysqld: 140901 16:07:16 [ERROR] Do you already have another mysqld server running on port: 3306 ?
    Sep  1 16:07:16 mediaserver mysqld: 140901 16:07:16 [ERROR] Aborting

So I connected via SSH and typed in: mysqld - now MySQL is running.

I can't crosscheck it at this time. Maybe a nother MySQL-Server serving the needs of an OwnCloud-Installation (VM on PC). OwnCloud was running, when I was booting the mediaserver.

Question:
    If it's my other MySQL-Server (who's just running temporarily) - can I change my port-number to a higher one and just change it in OMV-MySQL-Plugin, Autoshutdown and of course in XBMCs "advancedsettings.xml". Or did I miss something? Which port-number would you recommend?

• Why not put both Databases into one Server?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I hope you practice this all on vms Dennis.. before you put on a bare metal install. Owncloud is a pain in the butt.

• I don't want to move OwnCloud in the near future - because there is no need to hurry.

But guys:

Zitat

Question:
    If it's my other MySQL-Server (who's just running temporarily) - can I change my port-number to a higher one and just change it in OMV-MySQL-Plugin, Autoshutdown and of course in XBMCs "advancedsettings.xml". Or did I miss something? Which port-number would you recommend?

• Yes, you can move it to a different port number. You just need to make sure any clients that need the database from that server will use the same port. I would just move it a couple number higher than the normal one. That way it is close to original port and you should be able to easily remember it. But ideally you will have one mysql server on a network and run all databases from that server. Especially on a small home network.Use 3308

• It was not a 2nd MySQL-Server. Just a second ago I started OMV - and MySQL was not started. My other PC is powered down, so it could not be my 2nd PC. So I started once again manually:

Ideas where to look at? Can OMV run two instances in one Network???

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can run mysql on every computer if you want. You can even run it multiple times on the same computer if it uses multiple ports. Can you post a pic of your settings page?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why did you change the bind address? Did you try with the default 0.0.0.0?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you use 0.0.0.0, it listens on all addresses. If you put the systems address in, it only listens on that address. So, 0.0.0.0 should work in all situations. You then need to grant each client access like it says in the wiki.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try it. If it works, great. Otherwise, I have more items to look at.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could be many things. Hard to tell :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I could if I checked a bunch of config files on your system but I usually stop doing that once it is working :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!