UPnP sharing issue

• Hi guysI have an OMV box and I installed the Minidlna plugin to stream media content via an Xbox running XBMC, I have a variety of video, music & photos and everything works fine except for one thing XBMC is reporting the file size of the movies as 0 bytes and consequently wont play them, the problem appears to be that each movie file resides in it's own folder along with other files such as .png, .jpg, .tbn & .nfo I know this is the problem because out of 110 movie folders only 1 of them has no other files other than the movie file itself and it reports the correct file size and plays fine, I tried setting the movie share to both video and all media but it makes no difference

Any help or advice any can offer would be much appreciated

Graeme

• Odd way? To have movies in a extra folder is not odd. I have it too. Works fine for both plex and xbmc.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi guys

Thanks for your replies

"PlexMediaServer will probably work fine."

I don't know anything about PlexMediaServer, can you explain to me what Plex does and how it might solve my problem ?

Many thanks

Graeme

• It has a DLNA server too. This one could work better for you.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Odd way? To have movies in a extra folder is not odd. I have it too. Works fine for both plex and xbmc.

Greetings
    David

Odd to me for sure..

My setup is like this:
    /Movies/file
    /TV_Shows/Series_Name/Season/file

Regardless, glad Plex worked out

• http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php…can#Movie_content_options

This is also used by people who save nfos and artwork directly where the movie is stored.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!