Unable to create shared Folders

• Everything works fine with gparted live CD, thanks! :)

If someone could give me a hint about the two HDDs from my synology. They are simply configured as two single drives (no JBOD no RAID) and formated in ext3 or 4, I don't remember exactly.

Simply put them in, or something I have to look for (I don't want to risk a data loss)?

• Ok, I will try that.

Before I do that, I want to make sure, that I am able to get access to these shared folders.

At the moment, I am trying to write to a smb share from my iMac.

The folders are displayed under "Freigaben" in Finder (some sort of Explorer). I can open the folders, but when I try to copy a file to it, it won't let me do that.

I'm completely unsure about the configuration of the share.

Here a screenshot of my configuration, eventually you can give me some advice.

• Do you want it to be anonymous?? If it is limited to host (your pc) it would be just easier to use your user to access. Also, did you setup static ip for your host mahine. That looks like a dynamics ip address. Usually you should put a static ip not in the dhcp range.

• The IP Adress is the IP from my iMac and is static. Should I remove the IP Adress?

Is there anywhere (perhaps in the old forum) an example where one can see which buttons to check in a given environment. As I told, I'm able to mount the directory, only when I try to write something into it, it fails...

• Finally made it with SMB and my Mac... after some experiments with folder privileges and ACL it works.

What I still have problems with, are NFS shares.

in my example the NFS share has the name "SSD". In Finder I typed in the menu "connect to server" the following

nfs://ip-adress-of-nas/export/SSD

But he denies to connect to "ip-adress-of-nas".

I need NFS primarily for my XBMC/Openelec machine in the livingroom.

Any hints (maybe my syntax is wrong) will be much appreciated!

• Hi Bluefuzz,

good hint! At least I'm able to connect the share but now Finder shows the following (in German)

Zitat

Der Ordner „SSD“ kann nicht geöffnet werden, da Sie nicht die erforderlichen Zugriffsrechte zum Anzeigen des Objektinhalts haben.

I thought NFS has nothing to do with users. Which permissions on the shared volume do I have to change (bear in mind that I have access with SMB!)?

• After granting read, write and execute permission to "others" in ACL of the shared folder it works. For me it's ok, but I'm wondering if there isn't a solution that is a little bit more secure?

Anybody a suggestion?

• You access with no user, how do you want to secure that? You can however limit the host setting for the NFS share to the specific IP with '192.168.1.x/32'.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• In the WebGUI where you created the NFS entry.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hmm,right at the moment I can't have a look but I'm sure that there was not a field to define a special host at least compared to SMB/CIFS. Or has it to be written in the optionsfield with the entries "secure" etc.?

• Look again, you will suprised what you find on the NFS share settings. ;)

I would upload a screenshot but I'm working atm.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!