New OpenMediaVault 1.0.21

• Ghehe..

Currently I am at work. I took controle over my PC at home through team viewer.
    The two locations are 80km apart. no vpn or other stuff.

I try to connect to my owncloud through Chrome browser from work.
    I need to set this up correctly that it is working for me and my wife. access owncloud from anywhere through browser. Does this anwser your questions?

• I am a recent user of OMV, but I have some experience with other (in my opinion the OMV is the best). I made this tutorial for 0.5.48: http://en.jose-crispim.pt/arti…rt/06_openmediavault.html You can see how I set up it in that version.
    In version 1.0 only OwnCloud is giving problems. I still think the problem is in changing settings in which OMV has been made in this version

The problem in today's world is that the intelligent are full of doubt and some idiots are full of certainties. The intelligent are called undecided the idiots are called experts

• I like OMV, because it really is the best and because the team is always ready to help.
    But we also have to help however we can. Hence I continue this "fight".

The problem in today's world is that the intelligent are full of doubt and some idiots are full of certainties. The intelligent are called undecided the idiots are called experts

• If you are using OMV 1.0, then you have to:

1 - Create a DDNS name to get access from outside (web) to Owncloud.
    2 - Create a rule on your router firewall to let traffic from port 8443 go in to your OC
    3 - Add the DDNS name to the 'trusted_domains' in the /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php file.

• If you are using OMV 1.0, then you have to:

1 - Create a DDNS name to get access outside (web) to Owncloud.
    2 - Create a rule on your router firewall to let traffic from port 8443 go in to your OC
    3 - Add the DDNS name to the 'trusted_domains' in the /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php file.

I read that, but is it obliged? Cant I just use my personal IP adress (which might change)?

If its required, then I will do so.. easy enough.

• edterbak, you need to add the domain you connect with remotely to the config.php file. If you read through this thread you will see how I am trying to explain it.

When you connect to your home from a remote location you use either a static ip address assigned by your internet provider or your are using a dynamic dns service address from your dns service. These addresses are domains either and ip address or dns service address needs to be added to the config.php file. I gave instructions earlier in the thread.

• 1 - Create a DDNS name to get access from outside (web) to Owncloud. OK Done. tested and working
    2 - Create a rule on your router firewall to let traffic from port 8443 go in to your OC. Done, tested and works. get OMV config and with :8443 the OC page.

Stranded at the 3rd bullit.
    Do I do this in OMV? How? :) I need a little bit more guidance and its nearly done :)

Thank you all for helping me (and us all)

• tekkb already explained in this post (2nd page). I have not tested if it works or not

• Show me trusted domains section of you config.php file. Give me your ddns service address. I will edit it for you. You can erase when we are done.

I am one that did most of work with Volker to get OC working. I think I know some things. hehe

• @tekkb : are you sure? :P
    You must be getting the feeling you are trying to explain what fire is to a Neanderthal.. Hhaha...

Im at the "PuTTY" station. This needs some sorting out for me how to do that in the first place. I will continue this in the evening cause my boss is getting pissed ;) .
    Thank you all for the support guys! Much appreciated. Guess this is what makes OMV great huh :)

• I will help you guys to you get it.

The trusted domains array is in:

/var/www/owncloud/config/config.php

Again I post host to add multiple domains:

Code
    'trusted_domains' =>
    array (
      0 => '192.168.1.54:8443',
      1=> 'myomv:8443',
      2=> 'myhomeomv.dynddns.org:8443',
    ),
  • The myomv would be example of adding a hostname for acces on your lan if you prefer this over ip address of omv.
    The myhomeomv.dynddns.org is example of adding a dyn dns service address for remote connection.

You need to add what you use with your omv (i.e. your hostname and your dyn dns service ip address or static ip from your isp provider).

• arghh... Tried Putty, I cant even get putty to connect to OMV. Im way out of my league in this.

downloaded putty from http://www.chiark.greenend.org…atham/putty/download.html
    run as admin type in the local IP of omv 192.168.1.3 (SSH)
    tried port 22 + 443 + 8443 none work, only black box with non responsive green cursor in the upper left corner. :(

I can connect to OMV login page using https:192.168.1.3 (with or without :443) I end up in owncloud when using https:192.168.1.3:8443, but get the error message of trusted domain ofcourse...
    I dont know how to go forward.

[edit]
    I have team viewer up and running. If a dev wants to dig in and see what the problem is, thats fine. If you find this usefull ofc.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!