OMV on Banana Pi - BanaNAS

• I wanted to present a project that I made with my friend. This is the case for Banana Pi and ready image OpenMediaVault (Raspbian + OMV).

The case can be printed on a 3D printer.

System Image and an STL file can be downloaded from bananas.gda.pl/pobierz

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    Banana Pi + 16GB SD + 500GB - test platform omv 3.0.X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    Banana PRO + 8GB SD + 320GB - test platform omv 30..X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• The network speed more than 600mbps. Tranfer via SMB (ext4 disk SATA) both ways max 45MB/s (average speed ~30MB/s). On USB 20MB/s both ways.

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• Don't make me replace my Raspberry for that Banana!

I would also like to know power consumption of that thingy.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nice project, cyryllo :)

Don't make me replace my Raspberry for that Banana!

Unfortunately David, I think you would be very happy with the performance :) My cubieboard is much faster the RPi and the banana pi is faster than the cubieboard.

There are power consumption numbers on their site.

I have may have just purchased one...

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Single threaded performance is about the same with the bpi and cubox i4. The cubox would be better at multi-threaded because of cores (obviously) and memory.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• The Banana Pi Sata port supports the "port multiplier" feature ?

I think that it does not support.

davidh2k I check tomorrow and I'll let you know

• @ryecoaaron Are plans or the possibility of extending the network of Wifi? In this project you could use a wifi dongle.
    I think that I could make a simple Web-based Configurator, and use the openmediavault-links

• Offizieller Beitrag

As far as I know, there are no wifi plans. Generally, wifi doesn't make sense with a server but it probably does with a BPi. If you come up with a web-based configurator, maybe we could turn it into a arm-only plugin.

• @ryecoaaron ok I make web interface.

new pic

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok I make web interface.

Ok :) I should have my Banana Pi on Tuesday so I can do testing as well.

Nice looking case :)

• Today I print first half case in white color ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Wish I had a toy like that :)

• When can I expect the plugin transmission for ARM? :P

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will try to compile it on the Banana Pi when I get it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!