Can't create RAID 5 on new OMV 1.0 system.

• I decided to install a fresh system with OMV 1.0 after playing with the previous versions for a couple of weeks. The installation seemed to go just fine but now I want to add the 1 TB HDD's that I have in the system as a RAID 5 setup. since I have only a little experience with OMV I though I would see if anybody could help figure out if I missed a step or if I really do have a problem with my system.

The steps I followed for this setup so far are: 1st I installed the system with the 5 x 1TB drives disconnected from the system. 2nd shutdown the system after a successful install and attached the drives. 3rd powered on the system and made sure the drives showed up. 4th selected each of the drives and did a quick wipe on each drive. 5th after each drive was wiped I selected the RAID Management and clicked create. 6th named the raid array left it as RAID 5 and selected each of the HDD's. Next I select save and answer yes to the confirmation question then I get the following error. At this point I'm lost as to what I need to try to fix the issue. Anny help would be great.

Failed to execute command 'omv-mkraid /dev/md0 -l raid5 -n 5 -N DataStore /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde /dev/sdf 2>&1': mdadm: layout defaults to left-symmetric mdadm: layout defaults to left-symmetric mdadm: super1.x cannot open /dev/sdb: Device or resource busy mdadm: chunk size defaults to 512K mdadm: size set to 4398032281088K mdadm: largest drive (/dev/sdb) exceeds size (4398032281088K) by more than 1% mdadm: creation continuing despite oddities due to --run mdadm: Defaulting to version ddf metadata mdadm: failed to open /dev/sdb after earlier success - aborting

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-mkraid /dev/md0 -l raid5 -n 5 -N DataStore /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde /dev/sdf 2>&1': mdadm: layout defaults to left-symmetric
    mdadm: layout defaults to left-symmetric
    mdadm: super1.x cannot open /dev/sdb: Device or resource busy
    mdadm: chunk size defaults to 512K
    mdadm: size set to 4398032281088K
    mdadm: largest drive (/dev/sdb) exceeds size (4398032281088K) by more than 1%
    mdadm: creation continuing despite oddities due to --run
    mdadm: Defaulting to version ddf metadata
    mdadm: failed to open /dev/sdb after earlier success - aborting' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/raidmgmt.inc:222
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRaidMgmt->create(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('create', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('RaidMgmt', 'create', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

• Ok got it fixed. For some reason on the previous version of OMV I had to set the onboard controller to RAID to make the raid container. Now in 1.0 I had to set this back to IDE emulation for the drives.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!