Temperature CPU?

• Tested the sensors-plugin now for a while. (a few months).

There are a few problems as follows:

- every now and then the plugin stops working. There are no Infos in the Graph anymore.
    I can fix this by deactivating and reactivate the plugin, or reboot the system.
    It makes no difference on a Intel or AMD Mainboard.

- I'm running sensors on a AMD-System now (FX CPU) and the Temperature shows up 7 degrees for my CPU.
    The Mainboard has a Temp-Sensor for the Mainboard but sensors-plugin doesnt support.

grtz

• Update coming soon (1.0.7)

Added motherboard temp and CPU fan speed, will add system fan speed later on after I can configure the hardware detection (via feed back).
    When enabling items of the same type (cpu TEMP + motherboard TEMP or cpu FAN + system FAN) an additional check box will appear allowing both items in one graph.

Remember that I have only been able to test this against my system so this version will most likely not function properly on your system. The whole point of this release is to get as much feed back as possible so that I can add hardware detection for other systems. Also remember that some systems do not have the sensors required, if you install the plugin and run sensors via CLI and you do not see cpu fan speed, system fan speed or motherboard temp then do not try to enable these in the plugin, it will error.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I'm very interesting into help you to write a good temp pluging.
    I post some info about one of my NAS, and have tow to do test, please post what you need and if the answer can be submited in this thread or by PM.

my spec: Temperature CPU?

• I'm very interesting into help you to write a good temp pluging.
    I post some info about one of my NAS, and have tow to do test, please post what you need and if the answer can be submited in this thread or by PM.

my spec: Temperature CPU?

I can add this info ready for the new version but it would help if you could check what fan/temp is what.

Zitat

fan1: 967 RPM (min = 10 RPM)
    fan2: 1336 RPM (min = 0 RPM)
    fan3: 1377 RPM (min = 0 RPM)
    fan5: 1229 RPM (min = 0 RPM)

What 1 is CPU and what 1 is system (fan1 is normally the CPU but would like to be sure) You could try unplugging all fans except the cpu and then run sensors this should show only 1 fan working all the others at 0.

Zitat

temp1: +43.0°C (low = +127.0°C, high = +127.0°C) sensor = thermistor
    temp2: +33.0°C (low = +127.0°C, high = +80.0°C) sensor = thermal diode
    temp3: +42.0°C (low = +127.0°C, high = +127.0°C) sensor = thermistor

I am guessing but temp1 is CPU and temp2 is MB?

• Fan1 is CPU FAN:

And Yes CPU temp is temp1 and Motherboard Temp is temp2

• Added version 1.0.7 to the testing repo (download managers)

CPU temps should work for most but the other functions will need some tweaking.

If you have issues please run these commands via the shell and post here, I can't help you with out this info

Code
    sensors
    ls /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors*/

With the ls command, make sure it shows the folder above the rrd files as well as the rrd files themselves.

• If you on stoneburner (OMV2) try disabling both download managers repos and then re-enable them. I had an issue where I could not see any new packages and this fixed it for me.

• If you on stoneburner (OMV2) try disabling both download managers repos and then re-enable them. I had an issue where I could not see any new packages and this fixed it for me.

Thank you!
    This fixed it for me too!

Installed now V 1.0.7 but there are not more Graphs. Think there is something not working correctly.
    (I have CPU-Temp only, and the temp is not shown up correctly! (11,5°C))

It's an Asrock Mainboard with AMD FX6150 CPU.

• @C0mmanda
    Thanks for the info.
    It looks like it is using the temps for your k10temp-pci-00c3 instead of nct6776-isa-0290
    Usually the first temp in that folder is for the cpu but yours looks like its the second with MB temp (SYSTIN:) being the first.

I will add these new settings in the next version, this will be released after I get a few more HW entries.

BTW you will only have the option to use the temps, you have no fans so do not try to enable these in the plugin.

• Hello jhmiller.

Can you add my Sensors in you plugin too?

The CPU Temperatur Sensor and Graph working very well.

• @Wetter Your HW is almost the same as C0mmanda's apart from you have another sensor for the cores, so this will show up in the next update.

Can you confirm that fan2: 2000 RPM is the CPU fan, strange that C0mmanda's output show no fan unless its passive cooling.

• @Wetter & @C0mmanda
    As your hardware is not like most other systems I had to change a bit of code to allow for it, this I can not test properly on my end so I have released the next version in a hope that you guys could confirm that it works on your end.

• some improves or recomendations:

Temps and fans can be sub-tab of a general tab "Temp" and "Fans" like HD does: so if you have 3 temp ( CPU, Motherboard & System) you can see in a sub-TAB ( one for each temp, or all in one sub-tab if you select to have all in one).

Other suggest is to try to use all available temps and fans ( eg: use Fan1, fan2 , Fan3 and Fan5 if are not=0) and document how to change name to show in tab, so normal users can see al his fans like Fan1, fan2, fan3 and fan 5), and powers user can edit some file to change fan1=CPU Fan, and fan 2 = Rear fan1, etc..

This avoid you to select apropiate CPU temp or CPU fan, you do not need to know what is, only need to show all availavles and document how to change name ( or better : have the ability to change in webGUI plugin).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!