Upgrade failed from 0.5.59 to 1.0 - will it work with plexmediaserver installed?

• Hi

Just tried to do the upgrade from version 0.5.59 to 1.0 and getting the following errors:

Code
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     monit
     openmediavault
     openmediavault-omvextrasorg
     openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I tried all the suggestions in the thread, If "omv-upgrade" gives an error ... but still no luck. Has anyone got it to work with plex still installed?

When I run "dpkg -l | grep openmediavault" I get the following. Anyone any ideas?

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    iU  openmediavault                        1.0.21                        all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring                0.3                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    iU  openmediavault-omvextrasorg           1.0.7                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    iU  openmediavault-plexmediaserver        1.0                           all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    rc  openmediavault-supportinfo            0.5.12                        all          OpenMediaVault support panel
  • Try apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault and apt-get -f install afterwards.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can uninstall omv-extras and plex until after the upgrade. I would also purge the supportinfo plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• When I try apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault and apt-get -f install afterwards. I get the following:

Also, I was able to remove plex, but when I try to remove the omvextras, I get the following:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# apt-get remove openmediavault-omcextrasorg
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package openmediavault-omcextrasorg

Greetings
    David[/quote]

• Woops ;)

Now I only get the following errors:

Code
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     monit
     openmediavault
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Also tried the initial commands on the first reply again, but same errors.

• Any other ideas?

If I pulled the data disks and reloaded the system with the new iso, and then reinstalled plex, will it still hold the current database with the viewed / on deck status?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any other ideas?

If I pulled the data disks and reloaded the system with the new iso, and then reinstalled plex, will it still hold the current database with the viewed / on deck status?

If you have your database backed up, I would think so. I've not done it yet, but I keep my database on one of my data drives, then back it up to a separate data drive with rsync. I figure if I ever have to reinstall,I should just be able to point Plex to the data drive holding the database. If that drive fails, I simply would restore it from the backup drive.

• I couldn't get into the webgui to see where the plex database was, so just tried pulling data drives and did a fresh install. OMV now working fine, but plex didn't keep the database. Had to setup the libraries again and sort through all the watched / unwatched status. Took a while but I think I'm there now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I couldn't get into the webgui to see where the plex database was, so just tried pulling data drives and did a fresh install. OMV now working fine, but plex didn't keep the database. Had to setup the libraries again and sort through all the watched / unwatched status. Took a while but I think I'm there now.

I remember one of the tricks is that the database needs to be set up with ownership of the user running the daemon. The deb package creates the user "plex" and the init scripts read that variable from the default config in /etc.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I couldn't get into the webgui to see where the plex database was, so just tried pulling data drives and did a fresh install. OMV now working fine, but plex didn't keep the database. Had to setup the libraries again and sort through all the watched / unwatched status. Took a while but I think I'm there now.

The database location is set in the plugin settings on the OMV webUI... if you pointed it at the same location, I'm surprised it didn't back it up properly... hmm. Gonna have to try this in Vbox.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just tested this with Vbox.
    Did a clean install of OMV, then copied the "OS" disk to another directory so I could move it back to test it as being "reinstalled"
    Set up samba on my virtual drives and moved two movies there
    Installed plex on the virtual machine, and put the database on one of my virtual drives. I imported their metadata and set one of the movies as being watched, the other as being unwatched.
    I deleted the "OS" drive, and moved the original OS drive back to the directory...

After installing Plex again on the original OS drive.. it picked up the database , and the movie I'd marked as "watched" remained that way.

Not really sure how your issue happened, but it should have imported the data just fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!