Active directory and ACL

• Hello,

I've setup OMV and it's working with my Active directory.
    I can see groups in the GUI.
    wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g is working.

But when i'm on the "users" tab (in the GUI) it doesn't work , i see an error message " communication failure"

The strange things is that the "users" tab is working sometimes, and sometimes it's doesn't.
    But the "groups" tab is working good

I've tried to change the UID_max and UID_min in teh /etc/login.defs to list just 3-4 users and it works.
    Do you have any ideas why it doesn't work for all my users ? Do i need to changes somes settings in the php.ini ?

This issue is the same in the ACL permission.it works sometimes(i can list users and groups after 30s),and sometimes it doesn't (communication failure or getaway time-out)

Do you have any ideas to fix it ?

• First thing, do not use ACL until you really have to. In most scenarios you won't have to use it.

How many users do you have in your AD? The GUI probably times out because the request for the users takes too long to finish.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I need to use acl because i have sub-folder who need to have special permissions.

I have like 200+ users in the AD.
    But when i type "wbinfo -u" i have all the AD users instantly

Any idea ?
    Maybe,like you said,a timeout issue ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

How did you set it up? What version of server is it connecting to? I used to use the ldap plugin but the last time I decided to do it manually. I have not had time to write it up. There are some good tips in the bugtracker. http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=707 Also in the forum.

/etc/nsswitch.conf is the usual suspect.

• Hi donh,

I use this Bugtracker to setup the connection beetween the AD and the server.Same issue...
    I can see users (wbinfo -u) and group (wbinfo-g and on the gui) but i can't see all my 200+ users on the GUI

Here is my nsswitch.conf

passwd: files winbind ldap
    group: files winbind ldap
    shadow: files ldap winbind
    hosts: files dns mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] mdns4
    networks: files
    protocols: db winbind ldap files
    services: db winbind ldap files
    ethers: db winbind ldap file
    rpc: db winbind ldap files
    netgroup: nis winbind ldap

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!