Where can I find "good" USB-DOM for OMV system disk?

• Hi everyone,

Coming from Nas4free I used for several years, I decided to move to OpenMediaVault which seems to suit my need far better.
    The last item to solve before the Big Jump is the USB-DOM to use for the system disk filesystem as it isn't kept in memory just like for Nas4Free, there are continuous R/W (for RRD db, for instance).

I found this on eBay: item number 171425278827 which name is "KingSpec USB DOM 9 pin 8 GB 1 Kanal intern Solid State Drive MLC horizontal".

My question is: does it suit the requirements as a system disk for OMV? And, if not, are you able to give me some resellers/references for that purpose?

Thanks a lot in advance!

PS: testing for a few days OMV in a VM, makes me really impressed (services, ease of use, the plugins framework, the large choice of plugins...)
    Thank you, really!

• Hi,

I did a test with those things a wile back and i could not get it to install the OS on it without an update to the bios but that was not OMV 1.0 tho.
    fore the rest will it work fine. I wold think about getting a 16 gig tho its not a lot more expansive than that 8 gig and you will have more room fore plugins

greats steel

gr. steel

Cooler Master CM 690 III with 650 watt 80+ gold power supply
    AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    5 x 2 TB WesternDigital red harddrive in raid 5
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....
    don't be afraid of learning it can be fun

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!