How to set default login directory open for ftp user

• Thanks for the reaction, but i don't think you got what i wanted to say.

1. Yes i want to write to the directory when you login with ftp, without doing a change to another dir first.

I managed to do this now with setting the openmediavault variable. (to a share i already had configured on my volume).

The thing i said is that the change didn't happen till i did a fake change in the BUI under the ftp settings.
    So setting the variable in the openmediavault file and doing a reboot didn't changed any thing in the proftpd.conf which i guess it should.
    So again nothing to do with persistence as i have used the variable OMV_PROFTPD_DEFAULTROOT which makes it persistence.

So the issue i have is you need to trigger the change by changing the ftp settings in the browser admin interface, so i don't know what actually happens when you press the save of ftp settings.
    I understand that you need to reload proftpd i did a reboot for that but it didn't pick up the change till i actually changed something in the settings of the web interface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

. Yes i want to write to the directory when you login with ftp, without doing a change to another dir first.

Why don't just open the posix permissions on the chroot folder, "chmod 775 777/srv/ftp", or whatever you're using

I've just pasted this at the end of /etc/default/openmediavault
    OMV_PROFTPD_DEFAULTROOT="/ftp", fire omv-mkconf proftpd, then restart service. The DefaultRoot changes at proftpd.conf

Edit> it has to be 777 or you have to chown to users group

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!