Home, end and other keys do weird stuff with putty

• Hi,

With a recent OMV 1.0 installed on top of a fresh wheezy distrib, I connect to this server from a Windows 7 with putty through SSH. Whenever I hit the home or end key to go to the beginning/end of the command line, I get a tilda instead. I also noticed I don't have any colors in the shell (like I should have with a ls command).
    I saw some solutions on the net, but I thought that maybe altering the xresource or screenrc might have an impact on OMV interacting with the shell.
    I think this is specific to OMV, because on other Wheezy installations, I don't have this problem.

How can I get back my home and end keys ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV doesn't do anything different with the keyboard than Wheezy. I would guess it is just a different keyboard selected during installation.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

With a recent OMV 1.0 installed on top of a fresh wheezy distrib, I connect to this server from a Windows 7 with putty through SSH. Whenever I hit the home or end key to go to the beginning/end of the command line, I get a tilda instead. I also noticed I don't have any colors in the shell (like I should have with a ls command).
    I saw some solutions on the net, but I thought that maybe altering the xresource or screenrc might have an impact on OMV interacting with the shell.
    I think this is specific to OMV, because on other Wheezy installations, I don't have this problem.

How can I get back my home and end keys ?

Well,the keyboard shortcuts you mentioned work fine for me. As for the colors... wouldn't this be a client setting, as opposed to a server setting? I've never really tried this, so I don't know.

• login again and try ...

Or do source ~/.bashrc

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thanks for the answers. Solo0815 was right for the colors.
    For the home/end keys, the problem was that my root user had a /root/.inputrc file without the required lines :
    "\e[1~": beginning-of-line
    "\e[4~": end-of-line

My other wheezy installation didn't have such a file. I removed it and everything works as normal. I just wonder how the hell did I get this file on this installation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!