OMV Cannot detect my RAID controller

• as far as I can see, your Controller is detected, and the system sees your RAID1 as one HDD

Code
    /dev/mapper/nvidia_fccijacb on /media/3ad3e032-ada2-46b4-8b3e-033f206ca1f5 type ext4 (rw,noexec,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,_netdev)

and it seems to be mounted:

Code
    /dev/sda on /media/3ad3e032-ada2-46b4-8b3e-033f206ca1f5 type ext4 (rw,noexec,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,_netdev)

but for some reason there are 2 HDDs with the same UUID. Don't know, if this is normal for RAID1

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# blkid
    /dev/sda: LABEL="store" UUID="3ad3e032-ada2-46b4-8b3e-033f206ca1f5" TYPE="ext4" 
    /dev/sdb: LABEL="store" UUID="3ad3e032-ada2-46b4-8b3e-033f206ca1f5" TYPE="ext4"

Please check with
    cd /media/3ad3e032-ada2-46b4-8b3e-033f206ca1f5
    ls -l
    if there are your files on the mounted drive.

• Solo0815 thx for responding.
    The first set of logs was when the RAID device was getting detected. I'm copying the relevent logs here again - I upgraded to OMV 1.0 and rebooted. This is what the output of mount, df -h and blkid looks like now. For some reason /dev/sda has taken over the UUID assigned to the RAID.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• and I quote myself:

Zitat

Please check with
    cd /media/3ad3e032-ada2-46b4-8b3e-033f206ca1f5
    ls -l
    if your files are on the mounted drive.

• Here is the screenshot. When I was on 0.5.x, OMV would recognize my RAID controller as a single device. I could not mount sda or sdb directly. I was under the impression that the RAID1 would show up as a single drive in the UI and not as two separate drives. I should mention that the only files there are
    root@openmediavault:/media/3ad3e032-ada2-46b4-8b3e-033f206ca1f5# ls

aquota.group aquota.user lost+found

I have not added anything yet. But the size shows 916GB instead of 1TB. I guess journaled FS do take up a few 100 MB

• I copied one 430M file over to my NAS as a test. The file did copy over, but the filesystem in the UI did not update. It still shows 916GB available and 200MB used. I was able to mount /dev/sdb as well. That was the intent behind my test. I wanted to see if the hardware RAID was really kicking in. Any thoughts?

• So I figured out the problem. During the upgrade from 0.5 to 1.0, my RAID controller basically lost its RAID information. So even when dmraid was set to true, there was no RAID for dmraid to detect. I reconnected my monitor and keyboard and rebooted the system to find that Mediashield had no record of my array. Rebuilt the array - booted up and viola - RAID is back - this is what I now see (attachment). But now I cannot mount the filesystem from the UI. When I SSH in, I do see the filesystem successfully mounted. Is this cause for concern?

I am now testing the system via an NFS upload. Hopefully it works - any thoughts on why I can't mount the FS from the UI?

• When I try to mount the RAID array - the error message was something like cannot umount /media/3ad3e032-ada2-46b4-8b3e-033f206ca1f5.
    It looks like the array is mounted, but the GUI cannot figure out that it is.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!