omv-rpc command line

• hi,

i m trying to configure omv via command line with /usr/sbin/omv-rpc, except that a dictionary of all the possible commands and their parameter would be very useful (for the moment i browse the files in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc to find how to do things), everything is fine.

but, when i try some commands it returns even if the command has not finished (asynchronous) and it is a little bit annoying ...

for example i create automatically the partition/filesystem with FileSystemMgmt/create and then FileSystemMgmt/mount, but as it is asynchronous it returns before having finished, and when i try to mkdir on this not-mounted-but-in-the-way filesystem it crashes ...

is there a way to have an omv-rpc synchronous ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Actions like creating a filesystem may need a long time to execute and finish. Because of that such RPC's are not implemented synchronous, instead they are implemented asynchronous. In your case you should execute the RPC (e.g. FileSystemMgmt::create), evaluate the returning result and execute the Exec::isRunning RPC. If the async job is finished you'll get notified by the Exec::isRunning result.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!