How can I rebuild my RAID 1 array ?

• Hi,

I added today two drives as a RAID 1 array in my OMV server. Unfortunately, when I moved my computer, one of those drives was unplugged, so the array was degraded when I booted again. I saw the missing drive, plugged it in again and booted again. The missing drive is seen in physical drives (/dev/sdc, where the other disk is /dev/sdd), but when I open the RAID management page, the drives column only lists /dev/sdd, while the state column switches between "active, degraded" and "clean, degraded".
    There isn't any drive to be selected when I want to use the recover option (and neither in the create option btw). Rebooting doesn't change anything

A cat /proc/mdstat shows this :

Code
    Personalities : [raid1]
    md0 : active raid1 sdd[0]
          2930135360 blocks super 1.2 [2/1] [U_]

unused devices: <none>

Should I wipe the sdc disk and re-add it ? It's the first time I use an mdadm array. I used a Nvidia fakeraid array before and removing a disk to add it again was the way to go.

Thx

• Nevermind, I figured it out. You have to wipe the disk (sdc in my case) in the physical disks page, and then you can recover your array in the raid management page.

Unfortunately, I think I found a bug : the state is "clean, degraded, recovering (unknown)", but I suppose there should be a progress indicated in the unknown part. A "cat /proc/mdstat" shows the progress :

Zitat

Personalities : [raid1]
    md0 : active raid1 sdc[2] sdd[0]
    2930135360 blocks super 1.2 [2/1] [U_]
    [>....................] recovery = 1.1% (33131904/2930135360) finish=266.5min speed=181134K/sec

unused devices: <none>

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Fixed in openmediavault 1.0.24, see http://sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/1479.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!