Installed OMV Cannot See Any Drives Besides System Drive

• Hey everyone,

I'm having a tough go at this, and thought I would ask for help. I should point out that I first installed Windows Server 2012 Essentials, and was really disappointed with the performance. I then tried Amahi, but not only was it "too much", but I couldn't figure out how to install FlexRAID on it. I came across a good FlexRAID on OMV, and so here I came.

I installed OMV without a hitch, but then I ran into a problem which I haven't figured out a way to get around. It won't see any physical disk besides my system drive.

So I fire up ssh, and try to see what's going on.

Code
    root@openmediavault:/etc/apt# cat /proc/partitions
    major minor  #blocks  name

8        0  234431064 sda
       8        1  224902144 sda1
       8        2          1 sda2
       8        5    9526272 sda5
    root@openmediavault:/etc/apt#

ok...so debian isn't seeing my drives either. This is the time I should point out the drives are behind an IBM M1015 RAID card and an Intel 24 port SAS expander. I should also point out that this didn't matter with regards to Amahi or Windows Server 2012.

So I do some googling, and came across this page: http://hwraid.le-vert.net/wiki/DebianPackages

So then I try this guy:

Those are my drives, and there are being reported as they should. Problem is, I have no idea what I'm doing as I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to CLI (or even linux in general), so I'm just winging it as best I can. I know these drives do work as they just worked in an alternate configuration.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I installed OMV 3.0 and ran all the updates... hopefully I didn't leave anything out

So I installed some of the relevant tools..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!