Aufs & resource limit

• Hi all. I just upgraded (fresh new installation) from 0.4 to 1.0. I like the new aufs plugins, I already used myself with 0.4 version.
    Change request: is it possible to see the aufs filesystem in the storage -> filesystem section? It's quite interesting to see the amount of space used and available in a pool like the CLI df -h does.
    Improvement: it seems that a resource limit is raised when a filesystem achieves 80% of used space. When you have 3 TB hard disks, 80% means 600GB free which is not low. Now if you have 3 same hard disks in a aufs pool, 1.8 TB is of course still huge. So is it possible to modify the resource limit threshold by hard disk, according his size, and add a resource limit in the same way to an aufs pool?
    Thanks all for your great job.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It will be possible to add it to filesystems soon with the changes being made in OMV now (I think).

To change the resource limit threshold (change 80 to whatever you want)
    echo "OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_FILESYSTEM_SPACEUSAGE=80" >> /etc/default/openmediavault

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It would be very nice to me to set this threshold individually.

So I have tried to set the threshold in the /etc/default/openmediavault like in the post above:

Code
    OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_FILESYSTEM_SPACEUSAGE=90

But is has no effect, i still get these monit messages:

Zitat

Description: space usage 80.4% matches resource limit [space usage>80.0%]

Any idea why it is not working for me?

Thanks.
    kalle

omv 1.1 - 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel

• I just started my server with this settings:

... and still get this "space usage>80.0%" mails by monit.

Any idea?

• You probably need to run something like omv-mkconf monit and then service monit restart so the new config can be generated and used :)

• That's the trick. Now, it works. The openmediavault-filesystem.conf looks good now.

An other question: Can I edit the openmediavault-filesystem.conf directly to set different space limits for each drive?
    Or is this file newly generated on every startup?

Thanks a lot.
    kalle

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!