Plex remote access problem

• I have setup plex and have full access to all of the media files when I am at home, either via LAN ip or my registered domain address. When I am at my parent's house I can access the plex dashboard but none of the servers can be accessed, only the queue. I can't figure out what I need to do to get the access that I have had in the past when I have installed plex on ubuntu server. I have set up the ports on my home router (which I have not needed to do in the past) and made sure that I am signed into myplex. Please help, it's driving me mad!!! ;(

• My router is upnp and this feature does not work with Plex. It works fine with my Slingbox. Port 32400 tcp is only port that should be opened and forwarded to your omv for remote viewing. You need to be sure the server is logged in. Easiest way to test is on a cell phone with wifi turned off and a Plex app.

• Good Morning from Germany,

Port Forwarding in the Router: Set the local and remote Port to 32400
    In Plex click on the Server TAB, choose "Connect" (left side) activate "Manually specify Port" and enter 32400.

This should work, at least my configuration works like this.

Greetings

Andre

Asus Z97M-Plus / Intel Core i5 / 16 GB RAM / System: 120 GB Intel SSD / RAID 1 - 2 x 4 TB Seagate ST4000VN000 / USB Backup HDD - Seagate Backup Plus Desktop STCA4000200

OMV - Arrakis 4.1.22.1
    Kernel 4.19.0.0 bpo4 - amd64
    PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1

• I fixed it. Thanks for your help but I was being an idiot!

I had not removed the old server (which had the same name) from my myplex account, and I had also not signed in to myplex on the omv server. Now it works flawlessly!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!